Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I purchased a used 1989 Dodge D50 2 days ago. I got it home and it wouldn't start back up. The battery was dead. When I disconnect the battery after boosting truck off, it immediately dies. I took the alternator up to the parts store and got it tested. It passed the test twice. So, does anyone now where I should start? I got a couple of wires that are cut by the battery and not sure if they are suppose to be connected to it. There is a Big BLUE connect that has a 3 wires going into. 1 is a thick white wire on one side and on the other side of connector is a small white wire and a small blue wire with red strip. Then on the other side of the connector the wires are cut and I don't know where it goes. A Blue wire sticks out and a red pinkish wire sticks out.

What I am trying to say is, I wonder where the wires are that is suppose to charge the battery? From my experience, when you unplug a battery from a running vehicle, it usually keeps running, but this truck just dies.

Help please