Array
    Status
    shafter ca
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Engine Type

swapping gears

does anyone know if theres out there a swapping kits from timming belts to timming chain as i read in another thread the belt tends to strip due to the shape of the teeth on the sprockets so i was wondering if there was anything like a conversion kit for this

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    going the wrong way, belts replaced chains in almost all cam applications across all manufacturers. the trick is using the right belt.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    The belts work just fine as long as its the correct belt. My 2.0 turbo runs a belt and I have had no problems with it. As. Lsrmike said most manufacturers went to belys from a chain, so you don't want to go backwards.

Array
    Status
    shafter ca
    Vehicle

Engine

yeah i guess it was just a thought but after reading some articles i came to to conclusion that it makes sense because if anything happens the worst thing that could happen its that i would have to replace the belt (like i have to right now)

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You need to look at the type of teeth on them. Some are rounded some are square. Make darn sure the belt they give you is the same type. You don't want to use the wrong one.. So take it with you, or match it up before you use the new one.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    shafter ca
    Vehicle

Engine

i think thats what happened and now i ended up with a stripped belt because i just replaced it not to long ago in fact the belt is still under warranty so as soon as i take this thing appart i will check it out and find out what kind of teeth it has and why it stripped cuz i was driving and all of a sudden the engine stopped and tried to start it and it would crank but not start since it was late i did not find what the problem was untill the next day and found the belt stripped ill post pictures to see what went wrong