Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T

SAD time for the 4d55 ITM PISTONS NOW OBSOLETE

Yes I knew the day would come. ITM no longer has pistons for our engines. I have a limited number of factory new pistons in my collection and am working on getting more from japan as they are still made by mitsubishi just not sold here. I am not trying to make money on them but rather help the 4d55 world. Also Hastings makes rings still and so does mitsubishi. But the OEM ones are very expensive at $160 a set. So I am going to make a purchase from overseas to stock up . Guys if your planning a rebuild down the I would not consider China. I've been through that whole mess and so has Ty

Mike
    Mikewarme@yahoo.com

Array
    Status
    Laporte, IN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    DAMN,,,,,,,,,, well that wasnt long. i have ran the china set. to only break one right in half at the wrist pin. its not fun. soak them up while you can Mike.

Array
    Status
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    TD's are brutal on rings, you can't skimp ever. Mike, I'll reserve a set of those OEM rings since I'm the blowby king of this board. I don't need the pistons yet but I'm in for a set of those also. How bout some OEM liners too?

BTW, I found that 83 turbo core that I owe you. Got it boxed up and almost ready to ship.

What's the scoop with timing belts for the diesel pump? I need a quick briefing.
    And how's your inventory on 83 injectors? I could use a spare set for the shelf.

We'll be joined shortly by another 83 td 4wd, he already needs body parts and you have them. It's all good.
    Cheers. Smitty.

Array
    Status
    Yakima, WA
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Montero
    Engine

4D55-T
    How do I get my hands on some of those?

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I also have a 87 Conquest and a 91 Stealth R/T TT. There is a company 3SX Performance near me in Charlotte which specializes in the Stealth and 3000 Gt. Met the owner @ Fall Charlotte Autofair and he told me that he routinely buys Mitsu parts from Japan for these cars which are no longer available in the U.S. Seems like it is the same w/ the diesel engine which is far more common in other parts of the World than the gas engine D50.

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55-T
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarvin View Post
    How do I get my hands on some of those?
    You contact me Mikewarme@yahoo.com

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4D55-T
    Need not worry I will always have parts for 4d55's. I am buying more and more parts overseas. I have injectors (core) if you want I can have them rebuilt for you. Or?