Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks guys.
    Wasn't able to disassemble the dizzy to install a new ICM, just replacing the cap, rotor and wires didn't give me spark so I said screw it, ordered a whole new dizzy and a coil too just in case.

Those parts should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, my schedule dictates that this van has to be road trip worthy in 2 weeks(yeah right) so money is of little concern at the moment because if it's not I may have to pay to store it.
    Anyway...
    Was able to get some crap set up on the ladder rack though.
    Bike mount, Delta locking QR fork mount, BH1002N

bumper jacks: going to use U bolts and wing nuts not the hose clamps holding them now

Still plenty of room for solar and my snowboard has to go somewhere up there

I got rid of the genny and thermoelectric cooler and got a little coleman extreme cooler.

Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Distributor came with the wrong connector, a female just like the harness... that was quickly rectified, as was the coil coming with the wrong bracket.

Still no spark or tach, I'm seeking professional help, which may be challenging to find someone who knows these vans so I will settle for any shade tree mechanic who can tell me what jet valves are and do`. If anybody on Colorado's western slope wants to help PM me, I don't have much $$$ but will make it work even if I have to borrow cash from family. I also have a little welder I don't mind losing.
    I'll also try my hand at pulling codes with a light tomorrow.

Chances of this thing being ready for the Oregon trip are dropping off by the minute...

Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    It's throwing a code 15 motor position sensor(part of distributor) meaning there's an issue with it getting power, sending signal or I got bad distributor. Time to start testing wires.
    the 4 Wires going to it are red, yellow, black and white
    On the truck these wires are for
    Black - Ground - is grounded
    Yellow - Crank trigger - tested 0v in run, <3v while cranking also found out my soldering didn't stick very good on this one.
    White - Cam trigger tested - 0v in run, <2.2v while cranking
    Red - Power tested - ~12v in run

Array
    Status
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    if you can plug in the old distributor and turn it by hand with the key on you should hear the injectors clicking,that would let you know the computer is seeing rpm and that maybe the problem is at the coil or the harness going to the coil

Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks, I will try that and see what happens.

Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Okay spinning the (new)distributor by hand makes the injectors go. So the ECU is getting signal from it. So trigger wire for the coil is the next thing to check I think... I have blue and black with a white line for the coil. If I don't figure this out tomorrow it's gong to a shop or to storage

Array
    Status
    Saint Paul MN
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Oh my goodness. What happened! I just read this whole threat anxiously because im about to drive out to the 90 MM I just bought and I want to get it started today.

Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Well, laziness to be honest
    I got back from vacation to find one of my hood bolts was stripped and wouldn't come off, by the time I dug out my drill there was a bunch of crap on top of my hood. So here I sit, been spending a lot of time trying to make money and even more time trying to learn photography. I was going to finally pull the hood off and get to work on it today but by the time I even though about it most of the day was gone. Maybe in the morning or Monday I will quit being lazy.

Array
    Status
    Sturgis, MI
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I just saw your for sale post. If the new owner decides they dont want it, I'd be interested in it. My wife keeps trying to take over my 90.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123