Array
    Status
    Adelaide, S.A. Australia
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Lowering my 83 L200

Hey what methods are people using to lower their first gen L200s/ Ram 50s?? At the moment I have had 2" lowering blocks installed and have had the front springs cut but by cutting a whole coil out this has dropped the front end too low still leaving me with the raised rear end look... I want to achieve a low but level look. I have looked for lowered springs on sites in Australia "King Springs" but to no avail, was wondering if the front springs of the first gen L200s were the same as lowered springs for later models or other similar models in the Mitsubishi family ie Sigma etc. Also cut springs are a little more bouncier and cant imagine them lasting as long as properly set lowered springs. any help would be much appreciated! Cheers Dan.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Airbagit.com makes 2.5 " drop springs, fist gen is same as second. They also make a 2" drop spindle but you might have to convert to 2nd gen brakes as I think first gen is different

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Drop Spindles work for 79-93, Not sure after that as all the listings I find only list to 93. The brake caliper and mount are different but they bolt in the same location on the spindle.If you can try and find an 87 up sec gen at the wreckers and grab the caliper and bracket as they are a better set up then the first gen's.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You should be able to get some springs made locally. If not you can always talk with www.purplesprings.com
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    1st gen calipers will bolt to the drop spindles, but the dust shields won't fit as the position of the caliper on the spindle is in the same place as a second gen truck. If you do the second gen swap - hawk brakes makes performance pads for them and on ebay they are $9.00 US as an overstock from the manufacturer
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980