So I went and looked at a 91 2wd Ram 50 today and took it for a test drive, I must say, after driving with carb'd vehicles, EFI is a nice change, it had a lot more power than I expected it to have and it ran pretty nice, it has 230k on it but it looks like it has never ever been beat on and it drove quite nice, it has had synthetic oil ran through it for years as the guy told me and he never worked on it himself, the wheels are uglier than shit and I noticed one lug was broke off, I never thought I would say this, but I would love to have a 2wd again, I have just been so pissed that the weber I bought for my Toyota had .50 main and secondary jets, and leaned the piss out of my 22R, I have been told that the 22r will last forever, but not with a Weber on, that damn thing killed my 85k mile engine, the valve seals are leaking oil and it had a drastic decrease in power, oh well. The truck $650 on the Boise CL.

Anyway, while I was taking a test drive I noticed that the truck idled a little funny, and the clutch was really...uhmm...well.. crunchy? I guess. Like the cable was just old and needed to be lubed or replaced, it had a lifter tick (Which might have to do with it idling funny). And the headlight switch was busted, so you had to unhook the battery to turn the lights off, and there is a good sized dent in the back of the cab that was put there when a tree fell on it, and the windshield was cracked, everything else worked great and I would give the interior a 9/10, I did not see a single tear in the seat or a crack on the dash, but the light switch is all FUBAR'D and the radio didn't work.

It is a bone stock base model, 2wd, nothing special, not even p/s, alot different than my 4x4 Power Ram 50 Custom. What was funny is he talked himself down from $900 to $650, its been on CL since the end of September. I hope to pick it up on Tuesday, as long as my boss will loan me $600, or I sell my Toyota.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/3294845688.html

dent.jpgside.jpgFront.jpg