Array
    Status
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

The All Chrome Grill Project - 2nd gen Max

So I read in the Ill_Mits 4G63t swap build thread on here that the Chrome/Black grills that are available for the 2nd gen Max's were actually all chrome underneath. I just had to find out for myself so I ordered one on eBay and here are the results.

So this is what I started with when I got the truck. It was just the plain black plastic grill which was broken nicely at the top. First thing that came to mind was phantom, but while I'm working on that I'll look into chrome.

I read in Ill_Mits 4G63t swap build thread comments that all of the Black/Chrome grills online were actually all Chrome underneath. I decided to order one and see for myself if this was true. So I bought one on eBay for $45 and luckily it came in quick.

I needed some Acetone, but alas all that was available for this project was the wife's nail polish remover. Oh well. Hopefully she won't mind me using these rags because they'll surely get tossed out afterwards.

I started with the side first as a test area just in case. It took a little elbow grease, but underneath was all Chrome just like it was described.

Now time for the driver side headlight area. Looking better already.

Here is the difference in what it looked like painted and what it looks like all Chrome.

Lets go ahead and knock out that passenger side headlight area. Now to move on to the middle.

Seriously, why would they even paint this shit? You can see the horrible over spray job they did when painting it.

All of the paint is off, put on the truck, and its shining like crazy!

Looks so much better now. Time to get that Chrome Yota bumper I've been eyeballing.
    ]

Overall time to complete: 2 hours
    Supplies: Buy Acetone. Straight Acetone. I was too lazy to go to Wal-Mart and D.G. is right next to my apartment. I used like 5 bottles of nail polish remover. Just buy the Acetone. Gloves and a few rags you don't mind tossing out are good to have also.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SubGothius; 11-15-2022 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Fix photo display