Array
    Status
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

New guy from South Dakota

Hey there evrybody. New to the site but not new to the car/truck game. Im from Sioux Falls, Sd and am picking up a sweet little 1979 D-50 from my dad in the next week or so. Its the black and orange paint scheme that was the sport model. Not much if any rust and a 2.6 with a 5 speed. She will need a little love but it should be a great dd/project for me.

I currently have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 lifted 7 inches and 37s on her, a 2011 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR slammed on some 18x10.5s with 285/30-18s and a 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14 Monster Edition Bike.

Plans for the d will be to get her mechanically sound and then possibly switch over to fuel injection from a starion/conquest and turbo it.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11947391_n.jpg
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._2508855_n.jpg

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    If you are going to turbo it, I would go megasquirt instead - it gives you a tunable system that is multiport, verses the starquest system which is a 2 stage tbi setup prone to problems. Welcome to the site - we need pics when you get it.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    [QUOTE=pennyman1;13107]If you are going to turbo it, I would go megasquirt instead - it gives you a tunable system that is multiport, verses the starquest system which is a 2 stage tbi setup prone to problems. Welcome to the site - we need pics when you get it.[/QU

That's right.... I love my starion setup.....but if u wanna make big power you're better off going mpi.

Array
    Status
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    bringing this back from the dead. Finally getting going on this project truck. A little more rust than I could see from the outside. Removed the carpet and there are a couple smaller hole in the floor of the cab. Going to weld some pieces from a donor floor into this one and get some newer interior for her. Need to get it going very soon as I just sold my 01 dodge ram so this being without a pickup sucks.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    I'm out in Chamberlain if you need something let me know.