Array
    Status
    Juana Diaz, PR
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T

4G63 swap questions

Hey guys long time no post... I had to put my proyect away for a while since I moved to Florida to do an internship but now I'm back in Puerto Rico working on my proyect again... I managed to get a 2G ecu and harness for $120 :D and now I need to know which plugs and cables do I actually need to run my 1G swap on my 87 MM.... any help will be apriciated, diagrams, eecu pinout... thanks guys

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Vfaq.com has all the ecu pinouts of the DSM ecu 1g and 2g. From there you need a test light to know which wires are hot in key on engine off for your factory ecu harness for power. Are you going to use the 2g DSM crank and cam sensors?

Array
    Status
    Juana Diaz, PR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I'm going to use a 1G harness I have to cut out the plugs for the 1G cam sensor so I can rewire it into the 2G harness that way I don't have to use the 2G crank or cam sensor... I was going to use the 1G harness with a Galant VR4 ecu but the ecu doesn't have the Eprom chip plus nobody in Puerto Rico is programing them anymore so that's why I chose the 2G configuration so I can get the ecu re-flashed for my needs.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I'd try and help you but I have no idea how different the 2nd gen harness and ecu is wiring wise compared to the 1g that I'm familiar with.

Array
    Status
    Juana Diaz, PR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    For the most part I only need to know which sensors to use like, Cam sensor, Maf, Map, 4 injectors, coil packs, O2 sensores which I am nt sure if I would have to use both sensors since it'a a 2G... I know how to do the work of getting wird of what I don't need I'm just not sure what I need...
    I did find a post on another site that shows which plugs goes to what and I do know my way around a DSM I just haven't found the time to do my homework XD about this

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    You need to use practically all the sensors if you want it to run correct. Only stuff you get rid of is accessories shit like a/c, smog crap, abs.

Array
    Status
    Juana Diaz, PR
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    mmm ok ok true