i figured that id start me a build thread for my truck. just from how i got it to now. plus all my future endeavors. ps sorry in advance for the long post.

this pic is the one that the guy i bought it from used. the truck cost me a whopping $500 and had 87k original miles.
5Nc5F45H13Kb3Mc3Idc6lcd5db95432631813.jpg

on this pic my little boy thought i needed to get one to send to my friends, keep in mind the height of the truck.
d50.jpg

this was me showing it off at a local weekly cruise in. even though its rough looking i sure am proud of it.
cruise in.jpg

just a couple shots of the motor. only thing done to it is a new valve lash adjuster and painted valve cover.
motor.jpg DSCN2284.jpg

once i finally had time, i decided to start making things look a little better. my first objective was to make the original grill look black again as opposed to 3 different colors. this was the finished product.
0706122347.jpg

upon finishing up my grill, i swapped out the seat. i wanted to go with buckets but a buddy of mine gave me a seat out of a 89 hardbody. i took the old seat out and put the brackets on the hardbody seat. the back bolt hole lined up and as for the front, well lets just say i ended up having to weld it. most of these pics are just showing about the changing of the seats....
003.jpg 005.jpg

006.jpg 007.jpg

008.jpg

at this point in time my biggest thing with the truck is that someone went through and attempted to paint it with spray paint. hence the green. the truck use to be an old army truck. so i guess they wanted to attempt to make it look like one again. this thing was tan originally. then painted blue, most likely from the army. then the previous owners painted it green. ive spent idk how many hours on the bed working to take off all the paint so that i can get body work done. so i invested in a d/a sander and some 80, 220, and 320 grit sandpaper to help me get this done. here is the start of my sanding. youll notice in a couple of pictures later on what all i have done to date.
DSCN2287.jpg bedwork.jpg

something else i always wanted to do is shave my door handles. mostly because ive never done it, plus eventually im gonna make it my show truck so i figured id take a stab at it now. all of this work is just the passenger side. i havent got around to working on the driver side yet.
filler tape.jpg fillertac.jpg

fillertac2.jpg handlefilled.jpg

fillerprimered.jpg

i decided that since i was really the only person that is ever in the truck that id go ahead and shave the key hole too.
keyholeremoved.jpg handleandkeyfilledmud2.jpg

handleandkeyfilledmudandprimed.jpg

my future plans are to bag it and hopefully have it done by either showfest or slamboree next year. as of right now i lowered the back of it 5in. and im planning on one day this week lowering the front. also on friday i got a set of escalade wheels for it so now i have to find some tires for it and then make sure that either i bore them out or i get the hub and tabs on the truck grinded down. oh and i also took off my black plastic pieces and took them to a friend of mine who is making me fillers to put in their place.
DSCN2366.jpg DSCN2368.jpg

DSCN2367.jpg