Array
    Status
    morgan hill.CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Ford V8

Bagged 89 Mighty Max V8 Swap, needs some insight

Hello i have a 89 Mighty Max, lays frame, big horn you get the idea, I have decided to throw a 289/C4 combo into the truck, I have learned that the ford block is the way to go seeing as it is the same length as my factory four. I was wondering has anyone out here gone thru this(I assume some body must have) and would have some good pointers. I have reservations about the tranny tunnel being tall enough to swallow it up without channeling it. Any insight is greatly IMG_0885.jpgIMG_0886.jpg.

Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Just want to say, Nice truck. Hope you find your answer here. The are a lot of smart guys (and a girl) here that can help you...I am not one of them. Anyway, good luck and post pics of your build.

Array
    Status
    morgan hill.CA
    Vehicle

Engine

Ford V8
    Thanks it has sucked its fair share of money out of the books, as soon as i find some answers pics will follow.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    Thanks it has sucked its fair share of money out of the books, as soon as i find some answers pics will follow.
    Yep once you hit about $1800 it's best just to keep the thing for the rest of eternity, or tell you die. You will never get your money out of it. Trust us, most us have surpassed the point of ridiculous a long time ago. Mine was about $54,200 ago.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    yeah nice ride.... the ford motor is a lot easier to put in due to its size..and the distibutor being in the front is a plus also.

so you built this thing.....id like to see some build pics...so far i havent seen 2 of these done the same...unlike s10s, rangers, mazdas, etc.

check out my small build Switched Addiction

and what kind/size of rims are you running

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    since you are not body dropped you shouldnt have to do a lot to the tunnel....if im not mistaken....i seen a thread on it somewhere or a build up ...cant remember where at the moment

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Check out fordubishi's truck - its a first gen with a 302 ford swap. I have seen sbc with autos and 5 spds in these trucks also, and 360 mopars.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    mini truck with a small block...... I like it! Im sure theres more than one way to get it done. Please keep us filled in as you go along.

Array
    Status
    morgan hill.CA
    Vehicle

Engine

Ford V8
    Thank guy, and yeah I have been asking questions about the fordubishi. He has been super helpful. I actually picked the truck up in ruin, no bed ALOT of electrical missing, or done wrong. It barely ran, and when it did it smoked like a dyeing lawn mower, hence dubbing it "the gardener". I dont take alot of pics so I don't have a catalogue of what I have done. Just friends that say wow. It has 17' two peice bullit Intros, matched set. Running a triangulated Four link in the rear w/shocks, have the front assembly cut out and plated and welded in new plates and bracing for the bag mounts and of course i have shocks up front to. Frame is plated all the way back, every crossmember got gutted and internally strengthened. There is alot of metal in this truck. I also have two trail hitch ball welded in to the back for some late night fun, I never bodied the truck because as it is the body is only high enough to get your toes under so Im not worried. Like i said not big on pic but i can share a few more of it early on.

IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Nice truck, I love those Intros