The Ram 50's been behaving lately so figured I'd come and let you know what I'm working on on my wife's 97 Bravada.

The CV's have been knocking for the past month, and it's finally getting to the point where I gotta do something about it, so I start tearing into the wheels and so forth and after a while I notice that she does not have a front drive shaft going into her differential.
No clue how I missed that before. We bought the SUV used a few years back and it runs fine and I guess I never had cause to look under the body til today.
So seeing how there is no power going to the front diff, the CV's seem kind of useless to replace at this point, so my idea is to just chuck em.
After some more googling I see that driving an AWD vehicle without front CVs can result in nasty things happening, til I stumble upon a Jeep forum post that suggests cutting/disassembling the CVs so that the lower part stays in the wheel bearing and that should prevent the wheel bearing from failing and the wheels from flying off the vehicle.
So tomorrows plan is to remove the CV's leaving just the bottom bit in the wheel housing and then see what happens.

Feel free to let me know if I'm about to do something really stupid :D

Later,
eb