Array
    Status
    Palominas, Arizona
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Wrexie

So just before thanksgiving i had a complete rebuild on the engine in the 04 subaru, new turbo all new hoses plastic everything under the hood about 5500 in parts and labor. The day after christmas my wife went cow tipping on her way to work in the dark. black angus black road night time black car you can see where this is going.IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0010.jpgIMG_0005.jpgThe insurance totaled poor wrexie. i bought her back for 900 and i have 5g to work with to make her operational. I think its doable. any thoughts? Engine has 2000 miles and is still running breakin oil.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It's going to depend on chassis damage. You don't want to put this thing back on the road if it has alignment issues, a crack or tear in the forward chassis or popped spot welds. You should be able to buy another wreck and use it for the majority of the salvage and sell whatever you don't use to make some money back, but you're still going to obviously need it to be resprayed which isn't cheap if you're getting pro work done. I'd be weighing it up = what it's worth to you vs what it cost.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    doesn't look like the airbags went off, so maybe not too bad.

I recall a guy in our club over here did something similar, and even went far enough to source a new front cut. However the multi layer front chassis and crumple zones is also heat treated so welding it was going to be not permitted (I'm pretty sure it was one of these) at least over here. He should have had it pulled back into shape but because it was already cut and welded the shell couldn't be put back on the road.

My suggestion is stick the engine in a vw bus ;P

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    There are plenty of subys out there with good bodies and bad drivetrains - just scoop one of those and swap the motor and tranny - much quicker and safer in the long run.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Palominas, Arizona
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The airbags are didnt deploy, it looks like the heffers weight was put downward more than pushed back. (she knocked his legs out from under him and took him for a ride) Timing chain is safe (thats the big one). rack and pinion/pump/reservoir, washer bottle pump, a/c condenser, radiator, coresupport, headlamp socket, all crushed in the passenger front corner. At rockauto avoiding OEM subaru parts I'm up to 1600 in my shopping cart. Not including hood and fenders. I can get seibon carbon panels for another1500 to eliminate paint. and for the price of stock headlamps, i will be going aftermarket. Leaves me with plenty to restock DOM for the new rally light bar and cage.

I cant locate any subarus that havent been hit in the front. And as far as quicker, its not an issue. ie yesterday i spent 2 hours taking apart my washer pump to try and fix it. and it worked for about 3 seconds before it died. Damn it. almost saved 10 bucks.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    There are tons of subys here with blown head gaskets or trannies, but rust is the enemy here. The JYs are full of parts cars - you being in AZ rust isn't the enemy - collision is.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Palominas, Arizona
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    IMG_0071.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0074.jpg
    Not to bad at all. could have been way worse. all headlight sockets and bulbs were intact not even cracked. MAF is disintigrated.