Thread: SAS Mighty max turbo diesel build!!!

Array
    Status
    brenham tx
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

SAS Mighty max turbo diesel build!!!

IMG_20120824_182104.jpgIMG_20120826_180131.jpgIMG_20120826_180144.jpgIMG_20120826_180315.jpgIMG_20120826_180322.jpg

Working on the motor now, I have it all striped down and ready to go the machine shop. As you can see from the pic, those cylinder walls dont look to good. .040 over should do the trick. Also going to put a new 4d56 head on and a new turbo. I wanna find a turbo that will last longer than the stock turbo, maybe a garrett t3. Im going to have the injector pump and injectors rebuilt to, do any of ya'll know what 4d55 performance did to his injector pump that enabled him to get 40+ mpg cuz I wanna do the same, lol. Planing on pulling trans and transfercase to put in new seals.

Once i get all that sorted out I'll be pulling the body off the frame to have the frame blasted and I'll be repainting it. I'll be patching up the few rust spots and fixing all the dents then repainting the body my self. Redoing the interior with a custom dash that i wanna try making out of aluminum. custum aluminum door covers. Maybe a custom center console too. New carpet and I'm gonna have the seats reupholstered. All new weather stripping too.

I also plan on putting jeep cherokee dana 30 front and dana35 rear axles with the jeep springs and shocks.

Gonna be a long process but its gonna be awsome when its done.
    Last edited by Zwelds; 08-27-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Oh, I like the idea of brushed aluminum door cards. Will be interested to see what you do for a dash, I plan to do the same, but I'm gonna make room for a digital instrument panel from Chetco Electronics.

Array
    Status
    brenham tx
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Yeah I plan on plan on fabing the dash out of aluminum then coating it with a textured bed liner, and adding custom gauges.

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    i was thinking of a parkerized finish (for guns) for mine i already got the gauges (Marshall SCX PROS) working on new faces for them and different color.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Right on,,,,, It's about time you get this build thread going. Can't weight for the end result. Don't forget the pictures as you go.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com