Array
    Status
    fort wayne, in
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

voltage regulator and vacum lines help needed.. 89 ram 50 2.0l 2wd

I must be blind as a bat.... need to replace voltage regultor and have part but can not find.
    looked under hood, and also under dash and behind glove box... see computer on left side behind glove box
    but do not see voltage regulator.
    I just recently replaced the alternator due to power steering line leaking and in to alternator.
    After replaceing alternator and checking voltage was putting out 14.2 volts when running.
    now brake,charge,maint required lights are on dim and checked is only at 12.2 volts.
    have purchased new regulator but I can't find it....
    Second after rebuilding carb and took me a week to reinstall I forgot to label or take a pic of vacum lines and were they
    plug into carb.... when voltage was right truck would continue running after turning key off...
    So I think i have put a line in the wrong place... Have hayes manual but have misplaced right now
    so any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The regulator is in the alternator, thats why you can't find it. If you just changed the alt, take it back to where you got it for another one. I have had many problems with autozone alternators; my outback alternator failed 3 times in one month - I started changing them out in front of the store and then I finally got a good one. For the vacuum hose hookup, try the manual section.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980