Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Factory paint

Where can I go to find the factory paint codes for 89 mighty max. seen a mighty max on the net the guy said it is original paint really like the color would like to know the code

Array
    Status
    Alabama
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram50808 View Post
    Where can I go to find the factory paint codes for 89 mighty max. seen a mighty max on the net the guy said it is original paint really like the color would like to know the code
    http://www.automotivetouchup.com/pai...mitsubishi.htm

try that
    and what is his color code on the tag on firewall?

Array
    Status
    Canada
    Vehicle

1995 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

4G63-T
    Nice link 91MMY59 i also want the same link where the paint code is find out because i also paint on my old car which is very necessary..Very successful like that is i find the color code..Thanks

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Great guide, thanks for putting it together.

Two questions:
    1. Are some codes that are not included in this list? My trucks color code is H16, but there is no H16 on the list
    2. What about trucks with two color schemes? Would the code correspond to two colors? Mine is gray and silver, but only one color code is on the plate.

Thank you

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    usually with 2 tone factory trucks, the paint codes are listed for both paint colors. Are you sure the bottom color is paint?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    usually with 2 tone factory trucks, the paint codes are listed for both paint colors. Are you sure the bottom color is paint?
    Are you thinking that the bottom color might be vinyl? I think it's paint because the bottom of the doors is two-toned on the outside and the inside part where (the side section where the lock hatch is), I don't think they would wrap it around with vinyl like that, but I might be wrong.

This is my color code plate

IMG_8018.jpg

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I checked, and I'm pretty sure the bottom color is paint. Here's what the inside of the door and cabin look like

IMG_8023.JPGIMG_8024.JPG

The only thing I can think of that might explain why only one code shows up on the tag is that maybe the metal piece where the tag is attached was replaced, and this tag came from a donor truck (since there was that front end damage that was repaired...). But tbh, that's probably pretty unlikely because I don't think the damage reached this part.

Is it possible that the code H16 is specific to this two-tone combo, and that both colors are listed under this code?
    That said, any idea where I can find out what this code means? Unfortunately this specific code is not on this list...

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...nd+Color+Names

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there are 2 paint codes on the tag, and what looks like an interior trim code - take all three to the paint shop and see what they can figure out.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    there are 2 paint codes on the tag, and what looks like an interior trim code - take all three to the paint shop and see what they can figure out.
    I'll give that a try, none of those codes on the tag match anything that's on that master list that Brad posted.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    That is factory paint scheme. My 87 is black+ gold and painted the same way. A decent body shop supply should have no issue with a code,

Array
    Status
    Rochester Hills MI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    I have a 1990 D50 that I am going to start restoring for a customer in the next week or so. But I am having a hard time finding his paint code. His paint code is Y9C. It is factory painted yellow. I am not finding that Y9C color code anywhere. Anyone have any insight on color codes? This code was not listed in the color doc mention above. His truck is so faded that I can not get a good area to try and match from. Thanks for all your help.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think you're going to struggle with finding a corresponding colour code for these trucks. The data is so old and Mitsubishis aren't recognised as a classic vehicle that nobody has either made or updated records. Even a sample from under the hood is no good for a match?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Is it possible that the "C" part of that code is actually a 6? All the color codes seem to be letter/number/number, not a letter/number/letter.

In any case, I recommend this supplier https://www.automotivetouchup.com/, and you should call the number on the site and ask them to help you find the color (as they suggest you do). They have all the colors, but they are not always filed under the right make/model/year. I called when I couldn't find a color for my two tone truck, and they had it, it was just under a different model.
    A quick search shows Y96, which might or might not be what you need, under a '93 Mirage https://www.automotivetouchup.com/to...i/1993/mirage/

Good luck.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Post a picture.
    This page shows a link for submitting a request https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_u...shi-Truck.html
    You might also make sure you got the right code. Try a dealer with the VIN or asking Mitsubishi for a build sheet since you guy wants it OE.

Array
    Status
    Rochester Hills MI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    Thank you for the responses. It may be a 6 but it looks like a C. Under the hood is no good for a color match either. I will call those two places
    that you guys recommend and continue to run down this mystery. Thank you guys for your help.

Array
    Status
    Rochester Hills MI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    The truck is for sure a 1990 so how would a 1993 code be on there? The Y96 is a tri stage but it is so faded that I guess that could be. I am normally really good about finding colors but this one has been a little harder.

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    They could've used the same colors in more than one year model, that's my guess.

The easiest way to find the correct code is to get a hold of a 1990 service manual. I had the same issue you're having and the only way I was able to confirm the code was with the manual, on mine ('87) it list the color codes available for the model year on page 7. Here's one for a good price, and if you're restoring this truck I'm sure having this will be helpful down the road
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Volumes-1...EAAOSw3x1dgCQA

Once you know the code, one of the two paint companies mentioned before will be able to mix it, I had a good experience with automotive touch up.