I have an 86 Ram50 2.0 with the factory Mikuni carb. This idling things is driving me insane. i just rebuilt carb which now runs alot betetr than it did as there was sme ports clogged and the high speed jet was clogged. but when i touch gas it will go to that rpm and slowly lower. But once it is down it still seems pretty high.

I am not sure if it is idling that hgih or just sounds like it is. the one vacuum line and the exhaust hose coming off the exhaust maniford which i guess is the egr valve? just puts out alot of exhaust and noise. Not sure if that'd cause the problem or not. Choke seems to be opening great. Car runs good just soundsl iek the engine is in super high idle and takes awhile to lower down a little bit. ive sprayed every vacuum line with carb cleaner to see if engine trys to race up some, nothing. i believe all vacuums are fine.There was 3 vacuum lines plugged 2 coming off right under the carb neck parralell wit h each other then one coming off the choke pull off i believe it is. has a long rod and spring under neath the valve (choke pull off?) Any help would be greatful. ive been at this for a few months now and finally rebuilt carb to see if that would fix the problem.