Array
    Status
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

2.6 questions

So I have a 88 mighty max and I also have a 87 d50. This is bout the 87. It has the g54b 2.6 with manual trans and 2 piece driveshaft, It at one point (when I owned it the first time 4 years ago) had weber carb now its on my 2.0..it has the balance shaft elimination kit in it and had been rebuilt 4 years ago. Well 4 years ago I traded to a dealership with a cracked block and some dude got it with no title and I bought it from him recently and it was still in my name so I have title...lol...My questions are as follows, How do you guys feel bout fixing a cracked block with JB weld? Also when I was driving it home it got so hot it blew a freeze plug right out the block....no oil or water in block (I didnt check like a dummy i was so happy to buy it for 300) Should I rebuild entire engine? If so what all performance items are available for the 5.4? Also I dont remember it having a 2 piece driveshaft when I owned it the first time, Should I go to a one piece??

Sorry for the babbling

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Scrap the block. go find a used one that's running that needs a rebuild and go from there. JB weld is good for some stuff but for block repair its a temporary fix.

If you're leaving the truck stock hight then you can probably switch to a 1 piece. you will have to check if the suspention will move up or down to much and hit the cross member or the back if the tranny tunnel.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordubishi View Post
    Scrap the block. go find a used one that's running that needs a rebuild and go from there. JB weld is good for some stuff but for block repair its a temporary fix.

If you're leaving the truck stock hight then you can probably switch to a 1 piece. you will have to check if the suspention will move up or down to much and hit the cross member or the back if the tranny tunnel.
    Its already static dropped and so is my 88 and the 88 has the tunnel cut out

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    2wd trucks are 2 piece driveshafts - not an issue unless you drop it severely. you can raise the carrier bearing to correct the driveshaft angle
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980