Array
    Status
    Seattle,WA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

1991 2.4 No Start

I need a little help. I have a 1991 2WD 2.4L Mighty Max with a 5-speed that will not start.
    Several times in the last couple months the truck has failed to start, but after a waiting period (sometimes minutes, sometimes 24 hours) she would fire up. It would tend to no-start on hot days or when I stopped for a few minutes after having driven a long distance. Now I cannot get the truck to start at all.
    The truck gets spark and will sometimes get very brief combustion before totally dieing. Another symptom that may or may not be related is that occasionally the truck will develop a problem at highway speeds where it begins to run very choppy with much power loss; the best I can do to describe it would be to say it feels like the engine needs to "clear its throat". This last symptom always disappeared in a few minutes. I am led to think that the problem lies somewhere in the fuel system. I have visually inspected and cleaned the ECU, changed the fuel filter and fuel pump, and checked the electrical system for the fuel pump/relay. Unplugging the MAF does not change anything.
    None of these measures have helped and I am starting to run out of ideas. Maybe a sensor?

Any help, ideas, or thoughts would be appreciated.

Array
    Status
    Alabama
    Vehicle

Engine

4G52
    is it turning over but not starting?

Array
    Status
    Seattle,WA
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    I got it running today. It was the fuel pump after all. Thanks for the reply