Thread: Missing cover on trans/ available replacements?`

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50

Missing cover on trans/ available replacements?`

really p/oed right now.. not sure how the hell my mechanic could not notice the exposed flywheel.. I got under it to check the trans fluid and find the fill plug not even hand tight and the front of the trans on the bottom the flywheel is exposed a good 2 inches with oil oll over it leaking from somewhere.... granted he didn't touch the trans how do you not notice the exposed flywheel or massive leak like that when it is on the lift constantly...

so now once I find a different mech. I need to figure out what to do... It looks like there is something missing from the bottom of the bellhousing but doesn't appear to be any chunk broken off. there are a couple of bolt holes....also what would be causing my leak from that area.. to be honest the entire trans is covered in gunk but the flywheel was wet to the touch..

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    is it trans fuild or oil? sounds like rear main seal mine has same problem..and also sound like ur shield is missing that goes over fly wheel ill take a look at mine and let you know what i find

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    might try KMAutoparts.com for replacement

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    honestly not sure... oil is leaking from my oilpan drain plug and looks like from around the pan itself as well. yeah it looks like some sort of plate is missing from the front of the trans looks like 4+ bolt holes are there so I'm confident it's nothing broken. trans is super grimy and the fill plug wasn't even hand tight i opened it by hand and think it's low nothing poured out and the trans whines up until about 30mph (the reason I was under the truck and found all this)

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    It's just the shield for the clutch/flywheel. Mine's gone, too. Think it's still in the garage...mebbe. lol

Tighten the oil plug and call it good.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    As much sludge as there is on the trans Im worried it has a leak other than that plug since it was all the way in but just not tight.

I really want the shield since my truck will be seeing a lot of mud and gravel i don't want to be slinging rocks and stuff up in there

Im off the next.three days so Im going in the morning when i get off to get some fluid and hopefully find a pump to pump the fluid in... Starting with trans and will do the diffs and transfer case when i get it road ready. .. I found a guy who should be able to tune it and teach me about the carb... It runs great but when shutting it off it trys to keep running

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    sounds like its out of time... i like to call it dieseling cuz it keeps luggin like a diesel after u shut it off .

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    yup it's dieseling. worse now that the exhaust is on.

filled trans.. still whines in 1st and second... not sure if I want to risk driving it... also the flywheel is covered in engine oil... looks like I'll be needing a main seal... not in a great mood... I literally have double in the truck what it's worth.. but I like it.. just not this much.. I could have a much nicer vehicle for what I have in it already and now I'm looking at a trans makes me sick..

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    i now its a lil off subject but do you know or any one that reads this if the mm manual trans has a grease fittin for the throw out bearing ??? my trans whines when i push in the clutch....

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    look in the manual section for free manuals

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    no grease fitting for throwout bearing

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    what trans do you need the cover for....i got a few trans from the 4 mitsu/d50s that i have been collecting....and almost all of them are for sale.....

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    I need a trans too! lol... but broke right now for that kind of purchase.. Mine is the 5-speed in the 89 4x4 I'll need to double check but it's a km145-x

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Dont forget to check blank off plate for PTO thats where mine was leaking, as well amongst other areas.