Array
    Status
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

My ongoing build on my Max

Well here's my truck that I'm building. A '88 Mighty max.
    DSC03595.jpg
    I'm into the flush scene but this isn't completed. Right now its on belltech drop spring with 2 coils cut off, bumpstops sliced for clearance and the spring pocket was trimmed for more clearance. out back are some 3" blocks. Looking to find some 4x4 fender flares for the rear right now but I don't have luck.
    DSC04220.jpg
    I swappin in a gray dash to replace a horribly painted silver dash that was chipping off. Looks way better and found some ae86 seats that are a low but work fine for me. Excuse the dirty carpet.
    DSC03598.jpg
    Its on some 15x8.5 5 spoke wheels mounted on 195/60 rubber. There rears were some 16" steelies I had lying around. I've had this truck since I was 16 so its grew on me.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Build it bro! We're tuned in

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Looking good, I like the truck and I can dig the flush scene, some pretty cool/unique stuff.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks, this will progress when I have money for it. Right now it's on stands, not sure if I wanna keep going lower of lift it back up. Is there a way to raise the front on a 2wd max to level out with the rear end?

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Yeah get another set of belltech's and don't cut them

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Lol I meant as in back to stock height, I got in the habbit of driving a chevy and I likes gettin dirty on teh mud. I hate that its not level when stock

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I've been busy with school I forgot about this truck. My ZX or school take up my time, anyways I'm gettin some motivation to get the Max back on the streets! I got some springs off a macrocab that will be cut down some. Anyone know how many to cut off to get an even drop with 3" blocks? 1 coil?

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMax View Post
    I've been busy with school I forgot about this truck. My ZX or school take up my time, anyways I'm gettin some motivation to get the Max back on the streets! I got some springs off a macrocab that will be cut down some. Anyone know how many to cut off to get an even drop with 3" blocks? 1 coil?
    I have 2 inch drop spindles in front and 3 inch blocks in back but my truck is still high in the rear. I think it would be just one coil, but you would have to try and see. If they are used springs they might already be sagging a lil bit. Id start with one coil cut and then you can always go back and cut another. If you end up going too low in the front then you can get some four inch blocks for the rear to level it out.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    We got a scene down here for the flush look. It looks nice but not for me. Looks too hard to turn the wheel max to max, and tire hitting the fender ain't safe. IMO. Tucked>flushed. One coil was supposed to be 2 inch drop. With drop spindles you won't have to cu the oem coil spring. Gl to you.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    sounds like the aero styling back in the early fifty's in Detroit - the 1950 Nash Rambler was built with no cutouts for the front wheels to turn more than about 30 degrees in either direction. That got changed by 1952 because the turning radius was horrible.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    What's the lowerst I can go out back? My driveshaft is rubbing on the cab, I would prefer not to notch unless I have to. What is better, pull a leaf or add another block? What about the pinion? Do I need a shim to correct the angle with the 3" blocks/leaf pulled?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    So somewhat of updates; I got it to where it ran and got a fender and bed for it. Also made a custom wooden tailgate
    IMAG0185.jpg
    Then I painted some 16" steelies and added some center caps...
    IMAG0205.jpg
    I got tired of the multi-colored mess so I spray bombed it flat black with rattle cans from Home Depot, came out pretty good.
    IMAG0225.jpg
    .aaaanndd here she is now with some 18" Titans, I'm currently replacing the head gasket on it so she's out for a bit...
    IMAG0238.jpg
    more to come!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Looking good keep the updates coming.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Got some good progress done. I got the thing painted for 300 bucks, not perfect but still nice. I got some redline for the transmission since I changed my clutch a few weeks ago. I am also doing the LSD swap so I pulled the thing apart today so I can assemble it in my class at school tomorrow. Woot!
    DSC04386.jpg
    DSC04387.jpg
    DSC04390.jpg
    DSC04391.jpg