Array
    Status
    Lexington S.C.
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Need some opinions

Here is some pictures of my 1992 Mighty Max Sport. This is the truck with 280,000 plus miles. My question is whether or not it is worth putting any money into. This truck was bought new by my uncle who had it till he died. After that I got a chance to purchase and jumped at it. My wife does not want me to put any money in it she would rather see me invest in a new truck. I don't see anything out there that I really like.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Just tell the wife a new truck will cost you $18,000 where as fixing the Mits will be a few grand and last longer then the new plastic truck.Or tell her to throw away all her old comfortable shoes and get a real expencive pair that she doesn't really want and you "might" think about getting a "new" truck.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordubishi View Post
    Just tell the wife a new truck will cost you $18,000 where as fixing the Mits will be a few grand and last longer then the new plastic truck.Or tell her to throw away all her old comfortable shoes and get a real expencive pair that she doesn't really want and you "might" think about getting a "new" truck.
    hahahahahhaaa....too funny and yet thats so on the money...

the truck looks solid to me ...a couple grand and its got another life to live....

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Well it already should have sentimental value with it being your deceased uncles, plus as said a new truck will cost a few thousand at least and you could just put that money into this truck and have a nice, good running, reliable truck for less. Plus I think these are some of the most unique/cool trucks out there.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Swap the motor. Project trucks are........well.....inspirational.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Its up to you bud.....These things can be huge money pits! If you get in an accident the insurance company is not gonna wanna fix it but rather pay you a small amount and haul it away. This will leave you arguing with them on all the improvements you have made trying to convince them that you cannot find another one in good condition for the money they want to offer.

I love my truck ...especially since there arent that many around where I live.... Ill keep fixing it as long as I can still find parts

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    I don't have to worry about Insurance being asses if the truck gets hit. I have collector insurance and its for the apprased write off value not the "blue" book insurance write off value. Pay $197.00 a year for full coverage.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I also have collector insurance on both Geronimo and my Blackwood - both for their real value, not what some lazy adjustor wants to give for the truck.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980