Array
    Status
    Morgantown, KY
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

It was inevitable: dashpads?

I saw on another site; a guy who had gone through the trouble of having 'Just Dashes' make a new cover for the first gen Mitsu's.
    As I recall he had to go to a salvage yard and get a complete dash to send them so they can make sure it fit right, and he was allowing folks to use (rent?) that dash if they wanted to do the same.
    I think he said it cost about $600.00, which sounds about right for for a custom job from 'Just Dashes'.
    Does anyone here have a perfect first gen dash pad they'd like to get rid of, or know a less expensive source for them?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The person you are referring to is Mike Warme - the forum owner. He had a dashpad redone by Just Dashes - but he now also has a NOS dashpad for a 1980 D-50 he bought from another person before I could. There may be another way to replace the cracked dashpads for 1st gens - details to follow.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Morgantown, KY
    Vehicle

Engine

I am interested! If I could do it for less than "Just Dashes" charges, I'd be a happy camper!

Array
    Status
    Fort Lewis, WA
    I am interested in getting info on this as i would like to have a new one I have a crack forming on mine, its still super small, but its there and I can see it, so it needs to go!

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    For a SMALL crack, you can get repair kits that come with a vinyl filler (colored, and usually some white to "fade" it to match) and a pad to texture it. Be a shart-ton cheaper than a whole new one.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I've tried thoughs and have yet to get it nice. Went through like 2 kits.

Array
    Status
    Morgantown, KY
    Vehicle

Engine

I'm not sure we could get enough guys together at once to do it, but one way to drive the cost down on those very nice "Just Dashes" units would be a group buy. We've done it with several things over on the slant six forum, and it works well.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    that is a good choice especially if you all go in. keep us posted. im curious to see what you do...

Array
    Status
    Fort Lewis, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuta73 View Post
    For a SMALL crack, you can get repair kits that come with a vinyl filler (colored, and usually some white to "fade" it to match) and a pad to texture it. Be a shart-ton cheaper than a whole new one.
    Im going to have to look into that. I didnt realize you could repair them i thought once its there, you either had 2 options, dash cover, or new dash!... lol
    Last edited by Ram50Man; 05-03-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Hello,

If you have a very nice dash with little cracks and i mean little ,DO NOT FIX IT. Save the money for just dashes. IT WILL split further faster than u realize as it is so old. I've tried everything guys. Once your dash is split up and warped they will not be able to fix it! These dashes warp on the sides jamming the glovebox door etc. I have the frame that could be used for free. Just dashes wants $600 for dash rebuild including recolor glove box door and ashtray. OR Black for $500.00 It's totally worth it!

Also if you have an 87 up truck and need dash parts email me! I have a bunch in gray and brown (Just the pad) and want to sell them) . I'll take $40 shipped for the pad that goes from instrument hood to the right side of truck. Yes Pennyman I have 3 NOS dashes and they are not for sale LOL

Array
    Status
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Are all the dashes from all 1st gen Dodges/Mitsubishi the same? I'm heading out to the Junkyards in San Diego tomorrow hoping to find something...

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    79-82 had the wiper switch on the right side of the column in the dash so there would be an extra hole If you used it for a 83-86. Diesels had an extra cut-out for the indicator. I doubt you will find one any good. If you find one with small cracks i'd grab it! Make sure you know how to remove it or you'll mess it up! small #8 nut behind dash to the left of ash tray in addition to screws underneath. Also remove finish panel on top buy removing 4 #8 nuts ( Remove glove box and instrument cluster for access). Than remove screws across the top of pad. When going to yard you will need #8 socket and small stubby phillips for top screws unless winshield is out! Good luck