Thread: Muniki sidedrafts ....worth it ?

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    MONTGOMERY,AL
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Muniki sidedrafts ....worth it ?

I have a shot at some muniki sidedraft carbs ...they will need to be rebuilt .no v stacks or air cleaners, intake manifold or linkage ... What are they worth and are they worth the trouble of tracking down all the other parts needed to run the duel carb set up ?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Yes, find all the parts and put them on......... The only thing better would be to find Dellorto carburetors
    How much do they want for them? no linkage reduces the value big time. I would say around 150 - 200
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The mikuni sidedrafts are workalikes to the weber dcoe carbs, and can use the same manifold to mount. There is a weber sidedraft maniford for a 2.6 on ebay for 245 - not sure if it has the gaskets. For you to really get the full benefit of the dual carbs, you need to change the cam to match the added fuel the carbs can give - try Oregon cam grinders. I have the sidedraft manifold, and the original mikuni muscle cam that John Baker performance sold back in the 80's to go with the carbs - just have to rebuild the motor I want to put them on. Dellortos are a copy of a weber, and are very hard to find parts for; they have been out of production for 20 years. Solex is another brand that works the same.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980