Thread: Dual+ core radiator for 1st gen? 2 or 3 stage clutch?

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Dual+ core radiator for 1st gen? 2 or 3 stage clutch?

I've found plenty of listings for dual+ core rads for D50, but none state years or compatibility, let alone dimensions. Can anyone help with size so I can find an aluminum replacement? Thickness counts here, I have limited clearance on my fan (though some headroom by moving it around). Am I wrong to think that Starion/Conquest rads would work?

Have found a few clutches, both 2 and 3 stage, but not sure what I would want. My assumption is that 3 stage would be overkill and suck bad with a cable? If so, what brand of 2 stage? CenterForce and F1 seem to be what I find, F1 being much cheaper. Any other choices?

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Radiator,

see here

http://mmeierle.com/2011%20Photo%20Gallery.htm

I'm also using a Quartermaster 7.25 dual disk setup. be prepared for custom work at the flywheel, I had my Fidanza basically cut down to a starter ring.

http://mmeierle.com/2010%20photo_gallery.htm

PM me and I can email you a dimensioned drawing with all the Measurements.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    My clutch needs run in the "pulling a stump" category, not so much "holding back huge HP in the mile". Might be the same category? Dual plates is tempting, if for no other reason than longevity. Just not sure I need to go that far or want to put up with that stiff of a clutch. I already drive semi's, at least I can slip shift the crash-box and skip the clutch pedal sprung with a leaf spring from a 57 Chevy....

You seem to have more frontal clearance with the 2nd gen over my 1st. With stock rad and the electric fan, I have about 3/4" clearance. Might be able to push that to 1"-1 1/4" with creative fan placement.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...-Desert-Hunter

Post #10 shows pretty well how tight I am on water pump pully-fan clearance.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    As far as a clutch, I run a centerforce dual friction disc and a centerforce II pressure plate with a lightened stock flywheel - been in there for over 20 years with no problems. I believe Griffin makes an aluminum rad for our trucks - in talking with a saleman at a swap meet, they started making one because they had a lot of requests for them. I have an electric fan on Geronimo, and I had to offset it to clear the center of the water pump shaft. My fan is not attached to the core directly though, I have brackets that suspend it away from the core.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980