Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Front end?

Will be putting my 89 ram50 back together soon it's been months since I worked on it the front end is completely off.the drop spindles are on and together with the rotors,as well as the calipers,I just need to know in what order should I put my front end back got 2 coils cut,2 inch drop spindles,nitro tech shocks,.also the stabilizers and sway bar forgot which I took off first any help is appreciated thanks

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Coils go in, swing the lower arm up slowly until the strut rods can be put through the front mounts; put bushings on strut rod, then lower bump stop through the strut rod holes, do not tighten at this time. Then attach the spindle to the lower ball joint and swing the lower arm up using a floor jack until the upper ball joint goes through the top spindle hole. Once the ball joints are tightened and secured with cotter pins, then you can attach the tie rods, the sway bar, and install the shocks. Tighten down the strut rod nuts, control arm end first. At the front mounts, tighten down the outer nut to the same position it was when you took it apart; this is part of the front end alignment. Check all nuts and bolts for proper torque. Be sure to replace the lower control arm bushings with urathene ones as the rubber ones egg shape in 5-10k miles if you haven't already.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980