Hello All,

Been awhile since my last post, I've been sitting back soaking up all the information in this forum; and it is a lot!! Anyway down to the issue at hand. I'm at the point where I believe I have all the mechanical issues resolved with the motor on my Ram50 (1987 Dodge Ram 50 2.6L 4WD). Put the motor back into the truck verified driveplate/flexplate was installed correctly on the torque converter. Truck fires up, sounds strong pulling about 21" of vacuum. Put the truck in gear and it goes nowhere.

When it is shifted to R, D, 2, or L there is no kick from the gear getting in gauged. I get the accelerator up to about 2k RPMs and the truck does nothing no movement, no attempt to move. I'm at a lost on this one and the shitting Haynes manual's troubleshooting touches on it and promptly says "The home mechanic should only worry about fluid levels and filter." But, I want something to look at, something that it could be.

I can say that before the motor was pulled, it would move when in gear, but I had to run it at almost 60-70% acceleration before it would move. Quick background - This truck was sitting for 2+ years before I inherited it and I have had it for about 1.5 years trying to restore it. I did not (but should have) drained the old fluid, but I lacked mechanical know-how; which is no longer the case thanks to many of your threads.

If anyone can provide some ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I have been keeping a photo album of progress and will start a build thread once it runs.