Array
    Status
    Folsom,CA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

1988 mm 2.0l cylinder head help

Hello, i am new to the forum and i need some helping figuring out a solution to my cylinder head problem. I have the g63b engine and my head is cracked and im having a hard time finding a replacement. Is there heads from other mitsubishi engines that can be swapped? or does anyone know of a good site too look for a replacement? any help is appreciated, thanks.

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Interestingly enough you are the second new member looking for g63b head this week.
    I shared this cl ad with the other new member. Maybe stonewall already reached out and bought this, but if not, maybe you can?
    Not very clear if what is listed for sale is what you are looking for, maybe it's for different 2.0 engine, but it could be. The ad is from Long Island NY, so the seller would have to be willing to ship, and you be willing to pay for that.
    https://longisland.craigslist.org/pt...865008930.html

Array
    Status
    Folsom,CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I messaged him. Thank you! I’m surprised how hard it is to fine one haha. And from what I read if I swap a DOHC from a newer 4g63 I have to replace the ecu, wiring harness, and convert to fuel injection

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmetic View Post
    I messaged him. Thank you! I’m surprised how hard it is to fine one haha. And from what I read if I swap a DOHC from a newer 4g63 I have to replace the ecu, wiring harness, and convert to fuel injection
    Yeah it's a do-able swap but there's a lot involved. Not just wiring and ECU etc but converting the intake and cooling for RWD. Been done a lot and worth the end result but this is a project and not just an engine change over.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Folsom,CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Yeah it's a do-able swap but there's a lot involved. Not just wiring and ECU etc but converting the intake and cooling for RWD. Been done a lot and worth the end result but this is a project and not just an engine change over.
    Ok. I’ll research into it. Thank you!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Clearwater heads on eBay sells new heads - you may need to contact them directly to get the 2.0 head
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Folsom,CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Back again. Am I able to take a head from a fuel injures engine and put my carbureted intake on it?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It should work but to make sure, compare the gaskets (has to be a single cam 8V head). To go carburetted all you'll need is the right electric fuel pump to supply the carb. Be aware that if you are using the head off something like a 4G64, there will be a slight drop in CR's.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function