Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sway-Away 26mm Torsion bars AVAILABLE!

Array
    Status
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    The larger diameter combined with the higher quality alloy of these bars stiffen the suspension so your tires stay in contact with the ground better in the rough stuff. You do NOT want to crank your TB's to the max because you lose suspension travel when you do this. You'll be on the bump stops all the time off road. I have mined cranked somewhere between 1 - 2" and get the rest of the clearance I need with a 2" body lift and fender well mods.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The other thing to remember is that these bars won't sag when wound up like the factory bars will.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    This is killing me.. I need my truck on the road .. now . I'm short about $50 to do the exhaust until the 19th so I'm having issues waiting

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Just got in from Holiday Hell Week 2012. Sent him an email, if no response by the time I get up, I'll shoot him a call this afternoon. (assuming he's not off due to the 4th?)

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    got that set laying around still im intrested in them lmk asap

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    you really need to read.

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    i have mine cranked all the way was that way when i bought the truck and the front is so stiff that it dosent move an inch...... the shocks can b un bolted an takin out buy hand its as if they dont do anything im wo0undering if u guys have any suggestions i want a smoother ride without losing my clearance im running 33's right now...maybe a larger off road shock might help????? if all else fails gonna cranck them down an put 31's on it

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    so im geussing u havent even got them yet?? i just read that someone was buying the extra set because u could not find anouther person... id like a set if you have an extra after all is said and done thanks.....

Array
    Status
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Dude, Rancho 5000 for +2 inches of travel, got'em in my 2wd to control my custom coils. Part # RS5602. cheap, $50 ea.
    Seals suck, already blew one side, but my road is a killer, whatever.
    If you can find KYB white hi pressure gas, they nail the shock valving every time, don't know about increased travel though.
    As for your torsion bar spring rate, real men bounce when unloaded and don't calm down till there's a thousand pounds in the bed. Haul more stuff more often. Get some livestock, you'll understand then.
    Cheers.

Array
    Status
    rockport, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    lol thanks live stock ill make a note of that

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Any new info on this?
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Any new info on this?

I talked with Bets. There to small for them. I was given another name. Sac Spring Company. they didn't make them ether. Now they gave me the name McCoy bros springs in southern CA, no go there but I did leave a message with the parent company in Ab. Canada. 800 663 7800

4 wheel parts use sway-a-way so there lead time is no better then what you have going now.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    OK These guys can build you bars in about 3 weeks.
    Talk to Jose a Spanish sounding guy. 909-399-5121

If you send them a bar they will match it or make it bigger.

summers brothers

http://www.summersbrothersracing.com/contact%20us.htm
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Well the last thing that was up was Eric @ sway away had a limit of 4. Acuta was getting 2 i was getting 1 and another guy was getting 1. I've had my order filled out for over a month and nothing was ever taken out. Acuta contacted Eric and learned there was apparently some conflict with the 3rd persons info so we were waiting for.that to be sorted out. ...stillllllll waiting. .. (i seriously don't think the 3rd person is at any fault sway away has been ignoring most calls and emails it seems )

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by b-dub View Post
    Well the last thing that was up was Eric @ sway away had a limit of 4. Acuta was getting 2 i was getting 1 and another guy was getting 1. I've had my order filled out for over a month and nothing was ever taken out. Acuta contacted Eric and learned there was apparently some conflict with the 3rd persons info so we were waiting for.that to be sorted out. ...stillllllll waiting. .. (i seriously don't think the 3rd person is at any fault sway away has been ignoring most calls and emails it seems )

Yep I under stand.. I just know from experience that they can take up to a year. If you contact the guy above they can make them on an order by order basis. All you need to do is send them 1 bar and they can make them what ever size you like. Larger or smaller. I wouldn't doubt if sway-away has summers brothers OEM them for them. I called 19 different places before I contacted summers. You might want to call them and find out what they can do if you guys are "stuck" I was that way with them on bump stops when I started my project. after 6 months I said for get it.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The bugger is:

1. Finding a bar to send em, would mean scrounging one out of a yard, and having to pay for it. Be tough to pocket one...

2. Pay to ship the damn thing.

3. IF they can make a larger than stock out of a good quality alloy. ie, thicker, not longer.

Real pisser is Sway-Away makes what I need at the quality I would trust. Getting them to do it is like herding cats.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    catnip works well or just throw some food in a metalic bowl... oh wait.. yeah the arms lol

I still need a trans so I'm in no hurry any longer

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    ha ha ha ha ha ha......

I know from experience that they made good bars. We used them in the class 9 cars.
    You can always send them one of yours. Unless your driving on it.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    So no one has a bar off there truck you can send out to these guys? Just trying to find options for you.

http://www.summersbrothersracing.com/contact%20us.htm

You can also contact http://www.purplespring.com and see if they might have a line on someone that can make them. They jumped right on mine and they should be here this week.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    For now, I am throwing in the towel. I will contact them and renig. I HATE doing that because we may never get them to do it again, but...frankly? I don't have the cash to buy 2-3 sets and I only have 2 people interested right now. Our 3rd is not answering email or PM....sooo...

Sorry for the pain guys, but I just don't have the time to get these idiots going and trying to get payment arranged. Not real big on trying to consolidate payment for a number of reasons and generally assume others are as careful with their money and payment methods as I am.

I WILL try this again later, if we can get a number of 4x4 guys interested, mebbe I will give it a go again sooner rather than later?

Real bitch? They had the material ready to go, just needed payments to go through. None aside from B-Dub and mine cleared (but were not drafted).

Maybe next time?

I'll look into Purple Spring, see what they can do and what they need within the next couple months, I hope. Just personally behind the curve right now, hoping things change soon!

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Oh well fine with me. I bought a 2000 blazer anyways so the dodge is not even being touched... Ill possibly keep it and have the trans rebuilt but only because i have so much money tied into it already.... Plus it can really handle some mud! Loving that lsd

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Really sorry man, you were the one to stick with me on this mess...we had another come in late that I'm sure would have been good. Just too little too late.

For clarity, our bids at work change every 6 months. I got a less pay bid for the Winter this year to get the days off I insist on (for my son). This means a $4-600 drop in monthly pay. I just can't do it. And having that unnamed person just not answer or help any F'd me completely. This shoulda been done in July, and it's still not done.

Frustrated, somewhat pissed at Sway-Away, and annoyed about the fact payment shoulda been easy, but SA continued to make a mess of it.

Edit: Keep that SOB, is a rockin platform to mod on. If you have a new DD like me, just pick at it til she's done!

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    I have tried getting in contact with no luck. I gave credit card info months ago. I've been tied up lately but really would like a pair. Either we try them again or I have bars laying around and would be happy to ship one to Camoit's source. I have the sway away bars on my 83 btw and they are cranked up to the max. Bumpy even on pavment . That was my option till i go back to stock rims and tires as Im not about to hack my track up. But I'm building another one and want good bars on it too.
    Mike
    Feel free to call 818 2683012 Or Mikewarme@yahoo.com. Note if I don't respond to email try again as I've had a lot of mail end up in spam box!!
    Last edited by camoit; 10-14-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I know that purple spring.com doesn't do torsion bars, but Rob may have someone that can. 704-232-6990 But Summers Brothers can do it. 909-399-5121 They just need a spring to work from. I would guess they have the tools to tell them the spring rate of the stock bars. Never hurts to call them. It might be worth wile to call Mitsubishi and ask them if they can tell us what the spring rate is for the stock bars. If we have that, it will make it easer to build new ones.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Yeah never did get any replies on my multiple emails. I love my blazer and the ram50 is just sitting... i wanted something with at least ac for our humid summers so now hav8ng a/c power everything and cruise. .. I can't complain... Plus access to parts is so nice haha but something about the dodge won't let me sell it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast