I want 1-2" lift on the front of my "Ugly Royal".

Baseline assumptions include :
Rancho 5000's that accommodate up to 2" lift
fresh bushings, balls, and shafts
biggest tire that will fit (save that discussion for another day)
I use this rig to carry heavy loads slowly on miserable dirt roads with nasty potholes,
Down the mountain, in the rain, unloaded, handling is important, need to live to fight another day...
Up the mountain, fully loaded, not breaking anything is important.
Simple, eh???

Should I stuff more spring in, forcing the suspension down a little, or does that massacre handling with all kinds of evil geometry like bump steer? (right now the lower a-arms are parallel to the deck)
I'm observing the camber curve is pretty straight up and down to full droop so that's encouraging. However that effectively shortens the tie rod lengths, but they are adjustable to some extent.
I think I'd rather have predictable handling at a raised static ride height and could suffer some bump steer at full compression (drive slower when loaded and be gentle on the bumps.)

If the taller spring idea is feasible, which way to go on rate, same or less or more?

I see moog makes a stock replacement front coil for gen1 2wd with some relevant specs:
9" installed height, 11" free height, 435 lb rate, .609 wire diameter, 3.4 id.

I also see moog makes a bunch of universal coils of varying sizes and shapes, including some tasty progressive winds.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com...il_Springs.asp

Any thoughts?