Thread: stock shackle length can someone help me out please.

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50

stock shackle length can someone help me out please.

My truck is located 10 miles away from home and I can't get there to measure it myself. Was hoping someone could help me out by getting me the measurements on the rear shackles.. I'm doing the front montero arms and t-crank and wanted to know the stock length so I can try and find some shackles. I'm wanting to go 2.5" over (I'm assuming using montero arms and cranked should bring me up that high right?)

anyways so I guess bolt to bolt lenght and end to end will be the info I need ??? Camoit I know you had a thread on here where I could find shackles but cant find it... (Idk why but I really can't seem to get the hang of this forum seems different than others I am on) I guess the archive messes with me since I forget about it most of the time while searching lol

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    I got some ROUGH measurments.. I'll need to pull one to get better numbers but from what I measured

bolt to bolt is roughly 2 5/8"

top width from the inside is 4"

bottom width from the inside is 3"

width of the plate is about 1 3/4"

I was thinking it was flat bar but it isn't so I guess I need something with a length of 5 1/2" anyone know what would work..

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    rancho makes an add a leaf that should add 2" lift minimum, or you could do an axle flip to put the axle under the springs instead of on top.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-PU-Fo...1#ht_790wt_876

im I'm not mistaken these shackles from a sas toyo is a direct swap.. and would provide me the lift I'm looking for.. anyone care to chime in on this.. found it mentioned on the archives but never confirmed by anyone who has done it.