Array
    Status
    South Hill, WA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Question Question for those that have z'd there frame for bags

Ok so as I read on peoples threads that have done this, they never explain where they get the number 2.5 or 2 inches for the z. From my measuring the crossmember is only 1" lower then the frame. So why would you z it more then you have to????? Is it cause you don't have drop spindles and thats the only way to get enough suspension travel to lay on big wheels? Or am I missing something? I'd like to only z the 1" and I'm also dropping the motor a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" just to clear the hood and keep the drivetrain in the same spot as factory. So if there is no real need to go more then 1" someone please explain it to me. By the way I have the drop spindles and am going for a 27" tall tire to lay out on. Thanks guys

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The reason that they use the 2 or 2.5 " z is to make the frame completely flat when laid out. The front crossmember will be lower than the rest of the frame if you only do it 1". Read the minitruckin article by Ernie Macais about the truck he built with a z'd frame - it explains why he did it the way he did.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    You only need to z it however many inches the crossmember is hanging down plus like 1/4"or for good measure.

Array
    Status
    South Hill, WA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Instead of starting another thread......Does a 4x4 axel shafts swap out to a 2wd axel? The hubs on mine were ground off to run the infinity wheels making them lug centric. The new wheels are gonna be factory style so hub centric. The pick and pull has 2 4x4 mighty max's well ones a mighty max one is a d50. I wanted to pull the axels out and use them in mine but I need to know if there the same or not. Thanks guys.