Array
    Status
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Alternator upgrade help

I have read through all of the posts for upgrading the alternator, but not finding the answer I'm looking for. I have a 83 Power Ram 50 with the 2.0 and the stock 45 amp alternator. I want to upgrade to 75 amp or better. Is there one from a different year/model vehicle that is a direct swap without offset brackets or different number of wires or external regulator required? I dont mind having to swap the pulley from mine to the new one, but I would like to be able to just call a parts house, pick it up, bolt it on, plug it in and go. Does this part exist??

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    We have a place around here called Auto Battery Electric (ABE), does nothing but wiring and such. I tried to Google something in your area, but with no luck. IF you can find a similar place, there is a generic small body 105 amp alternator out there with interchangeable mounting brackets. I paid $75 for mine and had to do some minor cutting on the mounting bracket I got to make it fit. Took 5 minutes.

I can try and find the manufacturer of said item, and the PN. Might take me til next week as the are closed Sundays, then I'm back into the work cycle.

Edit: found my recipt, the PN on the invoice is CS130 with no manufacturer listed. Dunno if that's THEIR PN, or the manufacturer....

Edit2: It's Delco, and yes, the PN is theirs. Just need to find one and a bracket that will swap for you.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You also looked in the wiki and archive. The big problem is there just isn't any direct swap. I need to get over and finish the measurements from the other thread and see if the 160 Amp unit will fit. It looks real close.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ght=alternator
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Direct swap from my 81 with the 2.0L from the 45amp to a 75 amp was out of a 85 Colt Vista Wagon (65 amp for the none wagon)