Thread: Radiator Foam

Array
    Status
    Fort Lewis, WA

Radiator Foam

Ok, im full of questions today!... lol.... Got another one for you guys.... Long story short, blew a coolant line a week ago fixed it, didnt refill the coolant, (looked like i only lost about 2 cups, so wasnt too worried). Drove home today, checked fluids, took off radiator cap, and i had foam in the radiator. Is this just because of how low it was, it had air in there, or is there another problem stirring up? Also, i fit helps... the radiator was flushed about 5 months ago when i replaced the water pump, and the engine was rebuilt 500 miles ago. There is no odor in the radiator except coolant smell, and I have no coolant in my oil.

Array
    Status
    Fort Lewis, WA
    **UPDATE**

topped it back off... ran it till it got hot again.... vented it..... no more foam this time.... what are the chances it was just cause it was low, and was a one time deal?

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    The foam was likely because of the low coolant level and shouldn't be a problem. Did you overheat while the coolant was low?

Array
    Status
    Fort Lewis, WA
    nope no overheating, temp gauge never got above half, but now that its full of coolant again my heater is nice and warm again!.... lol

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Glad to hear.