Thread: need a positive answer on the montero upper arms on a 2nd gen please.. and sway away

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50

need a positive answer on the montero upper arms on a 2nd gen please.. and sway away

I've asked a couple times in threads with no direct answer so I figured it'd be easier to directly ask in a designated post.

89 4x4 5-speed 2.6 ram 50

wanting to lift it up.. plans are to do 3 inch body and then... drop shackles with....

MONTERO uppers / sway away torsion bars.. (are they even compatable?!)

also the MAIN reason for posting..

what year of montero do the arms need to come from??? I've read someone say 1st gen and then someone say 2nd gen.. so can someone PLEASE specify this.

I'm hoping to get about 6 inches of lift and cram some nice tires under it.... quick question.. does anyone know what size tire I might be able to run

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    1995 keeps coming up in the archive, when searching for "montero upper" I sent out an email to the guys that were talking about doing the swap. I can only hope they contact me back. You may want to PM 4D55Preformance, He seems to have done a swap on his truck in the archive.
    Oh and do a search in there for "sway a way ". I wish I could be of more help on this one.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    thanks, I keep being thrown off by the archive being seperate from the search on this site. I hear about sway away but wasn't sure if you could use them on the montero arms... I contacted the company and never got a response I guess I'll contact them again shortly I appreciate your help and I'll pm him

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Sway-Away USED to make a heavier-than-stock set of torsion bars for first gen, unsure of second gen (same?). I have attempted to contact the company multiple times via email, and a couple via phone with no return correspondence. I wish you luck!

Post what you find out, please? Wanting to go Monty locker rear axle and UCA on my first gen. Was thinking about a junk yard run Sunday with a tape measure just to get some numbers (local Pick N Pull has a number of Montys I can dig through according to their site...).

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Call Off Road Warehouse. Ask for Wally and tell him You are from mightyram50.net and have been looking at my D50 Baja build in Sacramento. He will find what you are looking for in bars.

2645 Auto Park way
    Escondido, Ca 92029

Phone: 760-746-3193

Hours: 9am-6pm Mon-Fri
    9am-3pm Sat PST

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    check your PM from me for the answers to your questions.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    not trying to bump this but to be helpful I was told the 2nd gen 95 ish montero arms are what are needed. I have found new sets on ebay and have ordered a set for my truck.. if it works I will make sure to add that to this thread for future members searching for the same answer (I know it sucks to be looking for answers and only find partial info)

contacted sway away 3 times with no reply.. with that kind of customer service i can do without ordering from them..