Driving home from work last night the Dodge cut off and wouldn't restart. Got it towed home thinking it was the coil and a no-spark problem.
Replaced the coil, no difference, then cranked with the distributor cap off and noticed the rotor didn't spin.
Hand cranked the enginge from the bottom 3/4 nut and it still didn't move so I pulled the distributor and it looked fine.
Pulled the top timing belt cover and tried to hand crank from there, could barely budge it.
Reinserted the distributor and confirmed that moving the engine did move the rotor.
Got maybe a 1/4 turn on the top timing wheel before it wouldn't even budge, so I'm guessing it's siezed up.

So now I'm sitting here a bit pissed wondering if I should scrap the thing for weight, sell off the parts, or get a replacement engine. I'm just about totally broke, so selling it off is seeming like the best option.

Any chance the engine isn't totally hosed and I just might need to tear it apart and replace a piston rod or something, or is it time to say goodbye to the dodge and move on? The body is 95% or better, so if I can get it up and running fairly cheap I'd rather hang on to it, but gotta get cash for some new used wheels to get to and from work.

86 2.0 G63B

eb