PDA

View Full Version : Tranny help needed

Steveo1114
03-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi I have an 89 d50 I just bought it had a fried motor. So I replaced motor and tranny, but instead of an automatic I put a manual in. Now my ignition will not work due to the neutral safety switch. Does anyone now how to bypass this. Please help

DroppedMitsu
03-11-2012, 09:51 AM
I had to switch out the backside of the ignition switch with the one from a manual steering column, where the wires are, then i still think i had to run a wirr directly from the switch to the starter because i still couldnt figure out the damn neutral safety switch or where it was.

camoit
03-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Look under the carpet on the right side under the seat. There is a plug under there that you need to jumper. Thats where the safety SW plugs in.

Steveo1114
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Camoit which wire do I need to jump I found the plug but there is 7 wires that go to it.

camoit
03-11-2012, 04:39 PM
uhhhh yes.... look in the manuals under the first gen factory manual. I think the wire colors should be the same. But I don't know for sure. If you use a test light you will find the hot wire when the key is turned on.
Also look in The over 216 manuals for a wiring dig for your truck. Look in there first.
Then you can back feed the wire from the starter side and use a test light to find the other wire.

oh oh oh.... if you have the neutral switch look at it for the wires and test them with a volt OEM meter.