PDA

View Full Version : leaf spring front main eye bushings?

TintedRam50
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Anybody know where to find these which have the inner and outer shell? I cant find them anywhere. Mitsubishi wincap program dosent even show the bushing or part number. Autozone and advance dont have them and the ones they do have for a 4wd dont work.
Also do not buy the rear Energy suspension kit. The main eye bushings are too small. That is where I screwed up, i cut out the old bushing for them to only find out that they dont fit and now now replacements cant be found. I called energy and they are working to find me some that will fit. But if they also dont fit Ill need some sort of replacement.

camoit
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Try contacting these people by phone. Pick a location close to you.
http://www.bettsspring.com/

pennyman1
02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I have used them in the past without problems, but I haven't bought a set in years.

mopar_ja
03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Try this, even if only for a p/n to cross.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

tektic
02-25-2017, 08:10 AM
The urethane bushings for the main eyelet didn't fit my truck either. I had to drill cut and burn the original bushing out of its metal case. I used that metal sleeve for the new bushings. Then the problem with the bolt hole... I used a piece of 1/2" copper pipe the same length as the original metal center sleeve and then used three 1/2" couplers over it. The third coupler had to be trimmed. This got me to just about the perfect fit everywhere.

dadsmax
08-25-2017, 08:08 AM
I know this is a older thread but I too had the same problem with the front spring bushings from Energy Suspension. I called to tell them and they told me they don't sell many. Told them the reason is probably because people buy them, they don't fit and require a custom engineered solution and the word gets passed around. Anyway, they want me to measure up the truck spring parts for them so they can correct the problem. I told them to buy a stock bushing and measure. I guess I will send them measurements, you would think they would refund me my $26 for this assistance.

bouttreefity
02-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Hi guys I know this is a older thread but I want to spread the word. I have a 4wd but I was able to find polyurethane bushing for the front leaf bushing from Siberian bushings out of Russia. It is an exact fit. I have looked for a replacement for over a year and found them cross referencing the mitsubishi l200. Cross reference some of the foreign models. Siberian bushings has a website I paid $33 for a set shipped package arrived within a month.

pennyman1
02-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I was going to post the same info - there are also torsion bars by sway-away for the swb 1st gen Monteros that will work in our 4wd trucks - they are 375 / pr but they are available. Look at this link for both the bushings and torsion bars: http://shop.adventuredrivendesign.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=71_72

irotagrup
02-16-2018, 09:38 PM
I bought an energy suspension bushing kit and it worked just fine for my 82 4x4