PDA

View Full Version : Need help with carburetor vacuum hose locations

robk46
02-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi all,

I'm helping my retired neighbor get his Mighty Max running. Here are the specs: 1998 4x2 Mighty Max, 2.0 4 cylinder, Automatic with A/C.

And the symptoms: Will only idle @ 2000rpm or more. Try and reduce the idle and it dies. Try and put it in gear when idling high, and it dies.

Work done so far: New fuel pump, plugs, wires, etc

I think the vacuum hoses are routed wrong. I just downloaded the diagram for the 2.6 engine from the tech section. We'll see how close they are. . . I did pop the carb apart, and it has a combo plastic float mount/needle seat with a nice crack in it. It's also way different from the rebuild kit he bought, which was worthless. The carbs in these trucks are horrible to work on. . .

Can anyone post a few pics of their 2.0 carbed truck with all the vacuum hoses attached. Thanks!

robk46
02-19-2012, 06:49 AM
I meant to say it's an 1988 truck. Can't edit after submitting I guess.

camoit
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the site.
There should be a hose routing picture on under the hood or on the firewall. The rebuild kit will have a crap load of parts you don't use. The float can be
plastic or metal. It just depends on the kit. There is problem cracked vacuum lines. Check them all.