PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filler neck

WABBIT
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Hi I suppose we can say I'm new here. I am trying to find out the best way to replace my leaking fuel filler neck. It leaks just beyond the elbow. Only noticed it because I got a full tank of gas. Any help would be great. Thank you

camoit
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the board.
You will need to just replace it. Go to pick and pull and find a good one and rip it out. This way you get some practice before replacing yours. If it's spot welded you will need to drill out the welds, and then bolt or rivet in the replacement. There just kind of a pain but not to bad.

DroppedMitsu
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Like camoit said you need to just replace the whole filler neck with a good one from a junkyard. It is easy enough to remove with everything on the truck, its only a couple screws, nuts, and hose clamps.

WABBIT
02-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Am going to go to Junkyard Tuesday and see if they have the rubber hose there. Never knew rubber hoses were used.

WABBIT
02-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Another question regarding the Fuel filler neck. My Truck has a rubber hose. Went to the Junkyard found 4 trucks, checked all the hoses and they were dry rotted. Is there anywhere I modify or use a different hose to fix it?

DroppedMitsu
02-21-2012, 10:17 AM
I remember I found some rubber house at the hardware for my old modified filler neck, I don't think it was gas resistant but it held up good enough while I had it.

pennyman1
02-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Find an industrial hose company and buy some gasoline truck filler hose - its the correct inside diameter and is 1/4" thick. I have had a piece on Geronimo since I redid his body and moved the fillerneck to come up through the left wheelwell in the bed. Its been there for 20 years and shows no signs of aging.