PDA

View Full Version : 2wd Lift? Help

Rymar Garage
01-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey guys new to site will post intro and build but quick question for now
Is there any hope in finding a bolt up lift for 2wd mm? really looking for long travel but thats pretty much going to have to be custom i think.
Any body got any info??
thanks! o and like the site

camoit
01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the site.

The only thing you can really do is put in longer front springs. Go just slightly larger in size and no more then 2 inch longer. Then drop in an add a leaf in the rear. It will handle like a race car then.

Rymar Garage
01-28-2012, 07:37 PM
well that sucks cause that would do murder on control arms and all bushing, working right now on leaf over axle swap on rear right as we speak, im almost thinking of custom tube long arms think its possible? wish it was a damn ranger lol could find sooo many bolt up parts its unreal

joey_crandall
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
anything is possible with the cash or resources. but yeah i agree rangers are sweet. do a ranger front frame section.

LiL Bastard
02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I've done alot of thinking and researching on this, conversations w/ Camoit. The easiest way is to do a frame swap. The reason why most of us have these trucks is because we love the lines and the look of the truck. Even ask the baggers, look at the bag builds, it is a ton of work to go low and it is a ton of work to go up. Look at Camoits build, to save time and money he went with a whole new front frame and long travel kit. Otherwise to get that travel and height he would of had to do the whole front end as a one off.

So if you like the Rangers, go grab your tape and see how close you are. Wheel base and width, you might actually be closer than you think.