Silver/Grey
Conductor Material: Copper
Conductors: 1
Corrosion Resistant: No
Gauge: 10
Length (In): 15
Number Of Conductors: 2
Stranded Or Solid: Stranded

Would a couple of these work for grounding the transmission?

Seems like 2 gauge would be overkill ...

PowerRam348
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
i bought a roll of ten gauge wire and made my own ground cables.

Kerrigan
01-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I would think 10ga would be good enough ... do you use the tranny mounting bolts to ground?

i bought a roll of ten gauge wire and made my own ground cables.

PowerRam348
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
i didn't ground the tranny there, but there are a couple of spots about halfway down the tranny. the original ground spot is on the driver side of the tranny ahead of the transfer case. there should be a hole there for the bolt that holds the ground cable. it connects to the frame almost directly across. i will take a couple pictures tomorrow and post them.

Kerrigan
01-27-2012, 09:49 AM
It's a 1980 RWD transmission, so my transfer case is a Dana 20 divorced-mount behind the tranny. Wonder if it has the same hole?

i didn't ground the tranny there, but there are a couple of spots about halfway down the tranny. the original ground spot is on the driver side of the tranny ahead of the transfer case. there should be a hole there for the bolt that holds the ground cable. it connects to the frame almost directly across. i will take a couple pictures tomorrow and post them.

PowerRam348
01-29-2012, 06:03 PM
sorry about not getting the pictures up for you, i had an emergency at work and had to go out of town on short notice. i'll get them up tomorrow.