PDA

View Full Version : Question about 95' Mighty Max Overdrive

leo07663
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Have a 95 Mighty Max. 2wd. Automatic, Overdrive not kicking in, goes 1,2,3 and stays in 3rd. I push the OD button on and off and nothing happens. I was told it's a temperature sensor that will not allow transmission to go into OD. Problem is, I don't know which one it is, I see 4 sensors around the thermostat housing but don't know which one it is. Can anyone take a pic of which and where I should be looking at? maybe the proper name so I can buy it at the autoparts? pushing my luck a little, anyone has a Transmission wiring diagram?

mxmikie
01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
it will be one of the single blade sendors one is for your temp gauge the next one is for the a/c compressor and the 3rd is for the trans let the truck warm up and unhook them one by one and see what stops working

Payrion
01-14-2012, 12:30 PM
i had the same problem when i got my truck, in the engine compartmrnt there was a wire loose, just hanging there, it was a ground for the OD, i grounded it and there it was....

leo07663
01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Payrion, could you take a pic of what you did? you can send it to me directly if it's easier. I haven't had time to spend finding the right sensor or wiring. It would help me a great deal....

------EDIT-----
I removed your e-mail address. Spam bots hit our site all the time. I suggest you PM it to him. It's just good practice. Lord knows we get enough spam already.

Payrion
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
ill do it tomorrow when im at the shop, so look for something on sunday or maybe sat night