PDA

View Full Version : adding bluetooth

Kelly from florida
07-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Just starting a new stereo project in my gen1 Ram 50. I really like the look of the OG radio, but in town I get exactly one station, and while throwback R&B is pretty great I need a little more variation. I've decided instead of replacing the radio with a whole other thing, I'll keep it (mostly) factory and just add a separate system. I'll throw some speakers in the door panels and wire them to the bluetooth receiver/amplifier I bought on ebay, it even has an AUX plug. Its a little guy so I just made a wood bit to put where my ash tray was. Here's some photos. I'm planning on hooking the power into either the cigarette lighter or the factory radio and run speaker wires through the dash into the doors. Since it's an amp and receiver all in one unit I think i'm good.

geezer101
07-29-2020, 01:47 PM
That's a pretty cool audio mod. So it's just bluetooth? You could even mess around with a PC printer and make a bezel decal for it to make it look OEM/vintage or even wrap it in brushed stainless steel finish film to make it match the dash bezel (the woodgrain is still a win though)

*I used the same solid state auto shifter in my Colt project - nice :)

Kelly from florida
08-02-2020, 10:15 AM
thanks Geezer,
I teach in the Art dept. at FSU and have access to a 3d printer and laser cutter, so after the covid shut down ends I might actually go in and print or cut something to look a little more at home in the dash.
(i'm also planning on cutting some vinyl and printing a new dome light so i'll deff upload those projects)

M08Lancer89
11-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Anyone ever try something like this http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=28062&stc=1

M08Lancer89
11-16-2023, 07:37 PM
Sorry to bring an old thread back to life I just got an oem am/fm radio for my truck single din and was wondering if anyone has used something like the above pic to plug in where the cassette player would be to give them a Bluetooth option. I came across it and I was like hey maybe that will work.

SubGothius
11-17-2023, 02:00 PM
Replied to your other post about this to recommend a hardwired FM modulator with Bluetooth, but since you mentioned having a cassette player here, there's also dummy cassettes with Bluetooth built-in, so your phone would transmit a BT signal to the cassette adapter, which would then feed the audio signal right into the tape head just like playing a real cassette tape.