PDA

View Full Version : 12 " lift plenty of power

APram50
02-15-2020, 10:11 PM
Got a 91 ram 50 ...gonna make my own drop brackets and what ever else is needed to go up 12" got some 44 swamper sx to clear.......motors almost done drive train almost done .....allready able to spin 35s on a roll out burn out upgrades to motor and train is all dodge parts so it's gonna be100% dodge.....hope they ready for this

geezer101
02-15-2020, 11:24 PM
Hi and welcome to mightyram. That is one BIG mini truck build. There are a lot of mods needed to get huge lift and swap a drivetrain that can handle all of that. Post up pics of your progress and list what you've used for donor parts as we'd be interested on the write up. Can't wait to check it out! :thumbup:

B-Line
02-16-2020, 12:26 PM
You mean 100% Mitsubishi? 12” lift will be a challenge. Hope your ready for a SAS and are good at metal fabrication.

geezer101
02-16-2020, 01:25 PM
You mean 100% Mitsubishi? 12” lift will be a challenge. Hope your ready for a SAS and are good at metal fabrication.

He means a full size Dodge truck drivetrain. Getting stuff like the steering linkages and drive shafts right are the big ones on the list. Forget bumper brackets :P

Salteen
02-18-2020, 11:29 AM
what engine you got? and also remember you may need to upgrade your gearing given you are going up 3/4 a foot in tire size

APram50
02-19-2020, 01:43 AM
The build going to take some time and trial and error but will be post as the build progresses

APram50
03-02-2020, 01:31 AM
Got the front end brackets done to go up12" working on the steering next....mock up looking good so far ....im not using any donor parts I'm using all original ram50 parts just modify it if need to the only donor parts used was internal engine parts ....yes I found internal engine components that works in my 2.4 l 4 cylinder engine .....that motor is being used in my ram50 im driving now ......i think it's making big power for a 4 banger .....pulled out a f-350 and and a Tahoe on sand both were buried to the frame. Pulled both at the same time so impressed with the power it's making .......so I'm positive it'll have no problem turning those rrs I'm going to be using

Salteen
03-02-2020, 09:29 AM
how built is that thing??? we are talking alot of power pulling a Tahoe out of mud thats 6500 lbs and alot of rolling resistance

Baldy
04-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Got any pics of this truck? My BS meter is pegged. I seriously doubt you can pull anything out of sand with the 4 cylinder even if it is modded to the moon.
I've been down this road on my 82 Power Ram 50. Started in 1992 with dumping a lot of $$ into the 2.6, big cam, turbo, ported head, high comp pistons, FI and low gears. The engine sucked for off roading, all the power was up high where you don't want in a 4x4. The max tire size that worked best was 33". I ran that for 18 years improving it as best I could. I finally learned the hard way that I wasted my money. I wised up and swapped in a V8 and built the truck around it. Now most of my power in down low, great for off roading and now I'm running 38" Swampers on an SAS Dana 4 4 high pinion and GM 12 bolt.

APram50
04-02-2020, 11:52 PM
With alot of trial and error and alot of engine blocks I found I could use different parts from other types of dodge motors sounds far fetch but I made it work and it's been working great. Never any major problems some glitches here and there but always had a solution for it

APram50
04-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Yes sounds like bs to a alot of people but but the road I'm taking is alot different from yours ...i had alot of people doubt the truck when asked if they wanted my help but when all was said and done they had nothing to say..im sure to change your mind in the near future too

geezer101
04-03-2020, 02:37 PM
A guy who doesn't like the "nah, can't be done - it won't work..." naysayers. There is a certain degree of satisfaction when you return to fertilise their front garden with a bag of unicorn poo :)

Baldy
04-03-2020, 07:17 PM
It's all BS till he starts posting pics. I'd like to know what parts he's using in the 2.4 that gets him this huge power increase. I've built a lot of engines in my day and i know getting enough power from a 4 cylinder to smoke 35" tires is not going to happen. Also think about his comment of pulling two, yes two 6500 pound trucks buried to their frames in sand. Thats 13000 pounds being pulled out by a 3500 rig with at best 100 HP, really?

tortron
04-03-2020, 10:31 PM
dodge parts in a mitsubishi engine

claych
04-04-2020, 12:12 PM
apram50
Just 2 (two) questions
1) Will you post a underhood picture (dated after this post).
2) Will you post a transfer case picture (dated after this post).
Thank you.

charger_john
04-04-2020, 10:50 PM
I was over in central Washington state (not far from West Richland) and spotted this right by the highway. Honestly I don't know what led up to this, but I had to get a picture because I just couldn't believe it!!!!!! Apparently the BNSF train had lost all power but our very own APRAM50 was there and saved the day for them!

Granted he wasn't moving very fast or anything but boy that little beast can haul the goods, baby, looked like it wasn't even trying.

Someday when I have the ca$h I'll have to try to hook up with Mr. APRAM50 and make friends with him. I want to do the same stuff to my truck, this is truly impressive and you just never know when you might need that kind of awesome pulling power.

tortron
04-04-2020, 10:53 PM
have seen some small pickups pulling big rig trailers. they roll pretty easy

Baldy
04-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Those are rollong pulls not not buried to the frame in sand.

claych
04-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Update 4/06/20---.
apram50
Just 2 (two) questions
1) Will you post a underhood picture (dated after post 15).
2) Will you post a transfer case picture (dated after post 15).
Thank you.

Update 4/06/20---.
The Legend grows exponentially !!!

I apologize apram50, perhaps, (with Your humble indulgence) May I ask for 1 picture of the drivetrain taken center focus on the transfer case ???
1 drivetrain picture is not much to ask??
Thank You !!!

claych
04-07-2020, 04:12 PM
04/07/2020---
apram ??? Very Humble Apologies once again,

"May I ask for 1 picture of the drivetrain taken center focus on the transfer case"

Thank You !!!

Baldy
04-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Still waiting for pics.

Baldy
04-11-2020, 04:16 PM
Mr. APram50 Still waiting for pics.

APram50
04-12-2020, 06:11 AM
Mr. APram50 Still waiting for pics.
You want to see a pic of my transmission it’s a almost stock manual transmission

APram50
04-12-2020, 06:40 AM
You want to see a pic of my transmission it’s a almost stock manual transmission
What’s the picture gonna tell you? Your gonna see a stock transmission.... next your gonna want to see a picture of my antenna or how about 1of my hood latch.....I get about a 1000 hp from the hood latch and another 500 from the antenna 😂....I thought this was a site for ram 50/ MM truck guy’s to share info about our rides it’s not my fault you couldn’t get more hp out of your truck....I know I found a way to get more out of mine.... those replies the one with the truck pulling the train that wasn’t insulting that was inspiration for me to find ways to make more hp ....if I had a chance to hookup with a couple of that train cars I would not saying I’d pull it but i would hella try and i would keep trying till I do pull it and you know where id drive it if I got to pull a couple of them cars?id drive it straight up your ass🖕🏽

dancinggecko
04-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Are you making any progress on the lift for it? 12" is more than I'd like for mine, but I'd be very interested to see how you're going about it and maybe scaling it down for a smaller lift.
Also, my Dad and I have used our trucks, both 4x4 diesels, to pull out an F-150 and a GMC Sierra that were buried to the frame in mud. We were in 4-Low and bouncing off the governors , and we damn near folded Dad's bumper in half doing it, but we got them out. These little trucks can pull, not as hard as a full size, but they'll get the job done.

t97
04-12-2020, 11:49 AM
You are correct this is a forum for us mighty max and d50 guys, a pretty close knit one at that. Everyones problem is your coming here boasting about doing all these things with a stock engine and transmission but you have nothing to back it up. Post the pics or you have no proof. People here wont take you seriouslly until then.

There is no need to be a prick. If your not lying then show some proof and shut everyone up but your going to keep getting doubters until then. No one wants to hear about how great your truck is if you cant post any progress or proof. You started this thread almost 2 months ago and yet nothing of relevance.

Baldy
04-12-2020, 05:32 PM
I'd like pics of the engine, transfer case and tranny please.

Bjamin
04-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Is there a way to give kudos for good posts here?
Bravo t97

geezers unicorn poo comment made me laugh.

Useless post is done for the day, carry on

geezer101
04-12-2020, 07:54 PM
Look directly under each post on a thread and you will see "blog this post" - next to it are 2 icons. The star icon will let you add to the reputation of the members' post you are viewing (and add a comment), and the caution sign is to report a post for content that breaches guidelines or has inappropriate content etc to the admin and moderators for review ;)

APram50
04-12-2020, 10:48 PM
Are you making any progress on the lift for it? 12" is more than I'd like for mine, but I'd be very interested to see how you're going about it and maybe scaling it down for a smaller lift.
Also, my Dad and I have used our trucks, both 4x4 diesels, to pull out an F-150 and a GMC Sierra that were buried to the frame in mud. We were in 4-Low and bouncing off the governors , and we damn near folded Dad's bumper in half doing it, but we got them out. These little trucks can pull, not as hard as a full size, but they'll get the job done.

I had to hold off a little on the project with this whole virus thing going on...still only got the mock up drop brackets so far and welded saddles on the top of the rear axle but just that so far and it looks like I’m only gonna get 10” not the 12 that i planned on

APram50
04-12-2020, 11:01 PM
You are correct this is a forum for us mighty max and d50 guys, a pretty close knit one at that. Everyones problem is your coming here boasting about doing all these things with a stock engine and transmission but you have nothing to back it up. Post the pics or you have no proof. People here wont take you seriouslly until then.

There is no need to be a prick. If your not lying then show some proof and shut everyone up but your going to keep getting doubters until then. No one wants to hear about how great your truck is if you cant post any progress or proof. You started this thread almost 2 months ago and yet nothing of relevance.

so you want me to pull out my motor rip it apart and take pictures of the upgraded parts ....I can post pics of my engine and transmission it looks stock ...

Salteen
04-13-2020, 06:48 AM
I know of some dude on yt who has a 1250 HP 4G63 on a stock crank and block. So I mean it might look stock. But if it pulls 44's on 12" lift, in a video, I'll believe it real. But honestly if you get a really low gear ratio you'll be fine with the 2.4

Baldy
04-13-2020, 09:43 AM
I've been building engines for over 40 years, lawnmowers, turbine, rotary, 2 strokes, 4, 6, 8 and 12 cylinders. I can tell if an engine has been highly modded by a simple picture of the engine. You don't have to take it apart, I'll know. A parts list of what components and specs you used in that engine would work also. But since you haven't posted a pic I'm calling BS on this 4 cylinder engine that can smoke 35" tires.

B-Line
04-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Im not seeing the difficulty in posting a couple pictures of the build. I would think that would help relieve some of the tension here.

Baldy
04-16-2020, 11:08 AM
I'll be the bad guy here, since you are not posting pics or telling us what components you've used in the "powerful" engine I'm going to say you full of shit.

t97
04-16-2020, 02:07 PM
How about you just say what you did? Obviously no one wants you to take apart your engine and take pictures. How about you take a video of your awesome truck pulling something out of mud or let us hear it? Not that hard to make a youtube account and upload something.Your making huge claims with zero proof so no one can take you seriously. Your build is not some super secret thing if your posting it on a forum. Prove us all wrong but until then your claims will be taken with a grain of salt.

camoit
04-16-2020, 03:13 PM
Stop the BS
or GOD
will place all of you in time out.

I have a special add on that will make you wish you played nice in the sand box..

It's called Miserable User.
When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

t97
04-16-2020, 04:39 PM
Stop the BS
or GOD
will place all of you in time out.

I have a special add on that will make you wish you played nice in the sand box..

It's called Miserable User.
When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

Wow. I realize by posting this post i will most likely be banned and have the post removed or become a "miserable user"

Camoit this response to this thread is extremely disappointing on many levels. The fact that your threatening users and donators with this is a bit ridiculous. Referring to yourself as GOD and users as kids in a sandbox which need to be put into timeout is extremely condescending and an inappropriate response from the owner / administrator.

Multiple people on this thread agree that this user needs to post proof of these claims and without them i see this no different than a spam bot. I fail to see any BS in this thread other than the OP stating hes going to drive his truck up our asses and posting the middlefinger emoji. If you think that asking for proof is BS then im unsure what keeps this site from becoming a boasting board instead of an informative forum and a place for like minded guys to talk about the things we love. If we will be punished for asking for proof and calling someone out then why bother?

geezer101
04-16-2020, 07:15 PM
Nobody owes you anything (not aimed @ you t97 - but the whole freaking planet...) There has been plenty of times where I have been tempted to listen to that wretched, antisocial voice in my head and go ready-fire-aim but have been glad I didn't. I'm not riding someone elses' bus to know what is going on in their life and I really don't want to either(not being dismissive but I've got my own bus ticket thanks). Yeah APram50 can post a pic of an engine in his truck and unless it's a radically different build you're not gonna see anything externally anomalous.
Give the dude a chance :thumbsup:

t97
04-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Nobody owes you anything (not aimed @ you t97 - but the whole freaking planet...) There has been plenty of times where I have been tempted to listen to that wretched, antisocial voice in my head and go ready-fire-aim but have been glad I didn't. I'm not riding someone elses' bus to know what is going on in their life and I really don't want to either(not being dismissive but I've got my own bus ticket thanks). Yeah APram50 can post a pic of an engine in his truck and unless it's a radically different build you're not gonna see anything externally anomalous.
Give the dude a chance :thumbsup:

I hear you geezer and maybe its that I'm young and dumb and dont know when to shut my mouth or I'm just being stubborn it just really rubs me the wrong way for someone to join a forum, make big claims, and tell someone they're going to drive their truck up straight up their ass. I feel like its best and possibly too late just to walk away from the thread cause its not going to go anywhere but getting me in trouble.

camoit
04-17-2020, 12:29 AM
I don't like infighting. Keep it nice.
Trust me it takes a lot to get banned. Somebody reported this hole thread so I just scanned through it and seen some BS.
I didn't pay much attention on who said what to who. Frankly It doesn't matter.
So I sent a message to play nice. If person X makes big claims, then fine let them. Just take it with a grain of salt and help others on the board. There are plenty of others that need tips and help.
This place is for learning. My self I don't like it when someone lowers or bags a truck. I just don't help with that.
The only real High performance, high HP truck I have seen on this board was LSRMike's truck. He had the bragging rights and the numbers to back it.
Miserable user only has 3 members and they haven't been back for years.
I do not make claims to know everything on these trucks. I just know the first gen's so that's what I deal with.

I look at facts.
100 HP on a brand new factory engine. Haven't seen one in 30 years.
Rear end is only good to 400 HP and they come apart.
Trans is ok but will come apart when the power is to high. And this engine took out a bunch of them and it's about as much as you can get. That is LSRMikes.

Chargerx3
04-17-2020, 08:51 AM
Camoit this response to this thread is extremely disappointing on many levels. The fact that your threatening users and donators with this is a bit ridiculous. Referring to yourself as GOD and users as kids in a sandbox which need to be put into timeout is extremely condescending and an inappropriate response from the owner / administrator.

Well put for a youngster. This “Flex” is a bit unsettling.

camoit
04-17-2020, 02:03 PM
Well put for a youngster. This “Flex” is a bit unsettling.

It's up to the donators on what to do with the trouble makers. So let me know.

It's been 7 years since since someone was put in time out.
Here is the thread.
http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/showthread.php/2317-help

geezer101
04-17-2020, 02:48 PM
Admin needs to enforce the stance of the site or it will turn into a free for all. I have seen it happen and once it goes down that path, it's hard for the community to claw it's way back. The admin wanted to look like the 'good guys' but new members were being burned left and right, so they petitioned me to become a ghost admin and investigate it so they wouldn't get their hands dirty. It was a shitfest...

t97
04-17-2020, 03:02 PM

Here is the thread.

Well in the post you linked about another member he said to shove it up your ass and this guy is saying hes going to drive his truck up someones ass. I see them one in the same. If you can get this guy to post something of relevance i dont see the problem with letting him stay but theres no need for that kind of talk on here.

B-Line
04-17-2020, 03:13 PM

Here is the thread.

Thread is just starting to get interesting. No $ or fraud involved. Guy makes personal build claims and gets called out. I think most the general population wants to see how this drama pans out. Honestly its probably one of the more "stimulating" threads in weeks. Drawing in members and increasing post count and activity. Some would argue thats a win for the forum.

Admin needs to enforce the stance of the site or it will turn into a free for all. I have seen it happen and once it goes down that path, it's hard for the community to claw it's way back. The admin wanted to look like the 'good guys' but new members were being burned left and right, so they petitioned me to become a ghost admin and investigate it so they wouldn't get their hands dirty. It was a shitfest...

I get where you are going, and a stance is understandable, but large bold letters and a perceived "God" complex doesn't help matters either. Now as im writing this there are...4 active users on this forum, so even if it could, this thread isn't going to get out of control fast enough for anyone to miss.

t97
04-17-2020, 03:24 PM
Thread is just starting to get interesting. No $ or fraud involved. Guy makes personal build claims and gets called out. I think most the general population wants to see how this drama pans out. Honestly its probably one of the more "stimulating" threads in weeks. Drawing in members and increasing post count and activity. Some would argue thats a win for the forum.

I get where you are going, and a stance is understandable, but large bold letters and a perceived "God" complex doesn't help matters either. Now as im writing this there are...4 active users on this forum, so even if it could, this thread isn't going to get out of control fast enough for anyone to miss.

I dont know if i buy into the whole "Any publicity is good publicity" i feel like we should be striving for quality not quantity. Look at the shitshow the s10forums are. Plenty of posts per day and active users but the user base is extremely toxic. Every thread is answered with "use the search bar" rather thsn actual help and more general bickering than quality posts.

Baldy
04-17-2020, 09:34 PM
Thats funny!

camoit
04-18-2020, 09:36 AM
No God complex here.
I just put it up to let everyone know this thread is being watched after it was reported twice. The problem will resolve it's self. It always does.

But on another note the new site is paid for and we are just waiting in line for the server guy get some free time to make the upgrade.
So what will happen is he will make a full copy of the board on the new server. Then run the upgrade to make sure everything works and we do not loose any data, photos, or need to go through the problem we had the last time when we went form PhPBB to Vbulliten. Everyone had to make a new account and start over. Here is the old board for the ones that weren't around back then http://www.mightyram50.net/phpbb3/index.php
That was 9 years ago.

Bjamin
04-18-2020, 07:51 PM
Well that escalated quickly,
Glad to hear the new board is almost ready and glad I was able to contribute (always been more helpful with the wallet than contributing content:shakehead:)

APram50
04-21-2020, 06:02 AM
I shouldn’t have acted like a prick,I apologize for that.
but I’m just replying because you said I was boasting about doing all these things with a stock motor and transmission , I never said it was a stock motor and transmission, I may have said almost stock motor and transmission,so I just wanted to clear things up that it isn’t a stock motor and transmission

camoit
04-21-2020, 10:58 AM
but I’m just replying because you said I was boasting about doing all these things with a stock motor and transmission , I never said it was a stock motor and transmission, I may have said almost stock motor and transmission,so I just wanted to clear things up that it isn’t a stock motor and transmission

You should post up a picture of under the hood. Otherwise there will always be this doubt in every ones mind.

this is my 50

Baldy
04-21-2020, 08:30 PM
There's no doubt in my mind he's full of shit, nice truck by the way not much D50 left.

claych
04-25-2020, 12:06 PM

???
With Humble Respects no picture(S)
???

Baldy
05-16-2020, 07:50 PM
Wow, still no pictures?

Salteen
05-17-2020, 05:42 PM
Bullshit!

Baldy
05-18-2020, 04:46 PM
I really despise liars and bull shitters. They spread their lies and get stupid ignorant people to believe them. These people then spread it around even more. Next thing you know the stupid bullshit turns into the "truth".

camoit
05-18-2020, 07:49 PM
There's no doubt in my mind he's full of shit, nice truck by the way not much D50 left.

there is plenty D50 there. Cab, gas pedal, parking break, and mirrors. I just gave it a shot of steroids.

Baldy
05-19-2020, 08:48 AM
Looks great!

Baldy
06-19-2020, 09:56 AM
Hey Apram50 we are still waiting for pics!!

Salteen
06-22-2020, 06:08 AM
Give it up, hes a liar.

Montero
11-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Still no pics :(

tortron
11-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Truck doesnt exist, bullshit walks

xboxrox
11-03-2020, 10:43 PM
APram50 from Lihue, Hawaii you acting like a haole brah !!! How dare you come here and tell us you gonna drive yo truck up our ass, HOW DARE..!!! I don't like you already ~ man up dude & simply apologize and act normal ~ I own a Ram50 here in Hawaii and I would be happy to share info to help you 'n your project... Hope you just chill and join in here like a regular human being ~
ALOHA EVERYONE
George (kioki to a local)

EDIT: Be Happy folks, maybe his intent was to post here and play with us to become angry OR maybe he will get serious and use our site for it's intended purpose..? I think we beat him up pretty good already, no need keep kicking a man when he's down already... Just like in marriage, sometimes it pays to play "DEAF"

Peace Love & all the other good batu stuff ~ you included APram50 :seeingstars::smokingjoint:

claych
11-07-2020, 05:39 PM
^^
AHAHAHAHA,
[QUOTE= xboxrox] geezer is too busy helping us fix our problems ~ he don't have time to fix his own ~ volunteer minions needed in Australia,decent wages, transportation not included ~ claych you wanna spend the summer helping geezer wrench on his truck ?[ /quote]

^
Maybe , very Humble Respects...
??? aren't You a 30 min +/- helicopter ride and a and 45 min taxi ride away to actually validate APram50 (http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/member.php/5200-APram50) build ??

Man up xboxrox...:))))

geezer101
11-08-2020, 12:04 AM
Well this is fun. So what makes a forum toxic? Is this gonna turn MR50 into Reddit or Fixya.com? Watched 2 online enthusiasts forums get destroyed - guess this one could be the 3rd victim :shakehead:

claych
11-08-2020, 11:27 AM
^^
Humble Apologies, 5,151 post's and NO running vehicle ??

claych
11-08-2020, 11:29 AM
oops double post.

tortron
11-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Thats nothing ive only got 922 posts and 3 non running vehicles

Pengineer1
11-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Wow Camoit, I wish my truck was as "mostly stock" as yours is! Very capable looking!

B-Line
11-09-2020, 08:39 AM
http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=25868&stc=1

Baldy
12-08-2020, 08:52 PM
Well it's been a month and I'm still waiting for pics.

B-Line
12-09-2020, 08:44 AM
Well it's been a month and I'm still waiting for pics.

Last Activity11-13-2020 05:19 AM

Tdietz82
01-05-2021, 08:09 AM
You don't need a lot of power to move these trucks. All you need is gearing not power. Look at the Toyota pickups and Suzuki Samurai's. I live in Florida where the thick black muck is and mud fest. I see these little Toyota pickups geared low with the original 22R engine pulling big trucks out of endless bottom mud pits.

H8PVMNT
04-10-2023, 09:29 PM
I like bacon.