PDA

View Full Version : Steering gear box

MAXXINN
11-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I recently bought a steering gear box for my 91 mm 2wd do the the fact mine was leaking and has crazy play in it.Im just wondering how difficult the installation process is?Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you.

abeemanator
11-09-2011, 06:56 PM
When I took mine of my 87, it wasn't too hard, there are three bolts on the drivers side, underneath the fender on the frame that hold the box on, and there is two bolts at the bottom of the steering "rod" (IDK what its called, but it is the rod that goes from the steering wheel to the steering box), where it connects to the steering box, and you take those off, then the last one is the one that holds the steering arm on the tie-rod, and its just one nut with a cotter pin in it (Remember to not loose it, like I did). And disconnect the power steering lines. Then you should be able to lift the box out.

MAXXINN
11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Thank you I'm going to take it off now.

abeemanator
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
My instructions were not in order, I was just thinking what I did off the top of my head. But hopefully you can follow my instructions.

MAXXINN
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Yep they were very informative ...took me about 3 hours steering is alot tighter and gear box does not leak .