PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Mighty Max Radiator

Jwa1stepklosr
02-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Has anyone had any luck replacing the radiator latley for a v6 Mighty Max? I need one one with upper and lower outlets on the drivers side on the radiator, found one on parts geek looks the same in the picture, but when i recieved it the lower outlet is on the passenger side? I sent them an email they say its the right part but idk what to do keep it and make it work somehow or return it and keep looking? any ideas?

finbust02
09-09-2017, 12:16 PM
I am on the same hunt as you. The last one I bought was 8 years ago and I'm not sure where I bought it. I am looking at this aluminum one from Liland, part# 188AA. I was going to cut and re-weld the bottom outlet to the drivers side. I'm just not sure if the mounts and shroud are the same for the 3.0L as the 2.6L.

finbust02
09-18-2017, 07:48 PM
I went for that Liland radiator. Pretty sweet aluminum radiator. I had to buy about $75 in hoses, clamps, and connectors to snake the lower hose to the other side but I got it in. I also had to trim the fan shroud to get clearance for the lower outlet.

taddneve
02-03-2018, 02:45 PM
I had to replace my radiator with a 1991-1992 Montero. The shroud doesn't butt up to the radiator just right, but a rubber door seal fit perfect to help air flow.

Chargerx3
02-05-2018, 08:39 PM
I just bought my second V6 MM and it’s last owner gave up and installed a generic aluminum radiator that didn’t work well at all. Luckily there was a wrecked V6 MM in the junk yard with a newer oem unit installed. I would scout your local yards.

bushcat
09-09-2019, 07:39 PM
I had to replace my radiator with a 1991-1992 Montero. The shroud doesn't butt up to the radiator just right, but a rubber door seal fit perfect to help air flow.
Is this still working well? My radiator has a lot of corrosion.