PDA

View Full Version : What turns on the 4x4 light?

circuits
02-21-2016, 09:25 AM
So, last time we got some Ice here, I put the truck in 4x4, and noticed the light would sometimes flicker, or turn off and on. It wasn't accompanied by any noises, so I don't think anything is wrong, but I was wondering what turns that light on.

I was crawling around under the truck, and saw some wires on the transfer case, also on the transmission, so I guess what I'm asking is, is the switch on the transfer case, transmission, or maybe somewhere up on the front axle?

camoit
02-22-2016, 06:46 PM
It will be on the transfer case. The reverse is on the transmission.

circuits
02-22-2016, 07:03 PM
okay, thanks! That's kinda what I thought, but wanted to double check with someone that knows more about these trucks. :)

mopar_ja
02-23-2016, 12:40 PM
There are 2 actually one for high, one for low. they are not the same as backup light switch either. (because that would be too easy and cheaper ) Only one source i found Mitsubishi $67.00 each plus S&H. When i rebuilt my tranny the only place to have them in stock at the time, was Dealer in Fresno, Ca.

bryan8118
10-06-2016, 03:51 PM
The back up light switch also works for the 4wd light... Mine doesn't work And bought 2 back up sensors, a couple of O rings, connect And ready.