PDA

View Full Version : temp and fuel gauge doesn't work

bryan8118
09-10-2015, 03:50 PM
hi... i have a 1988 mighty max.... i've dismounted the gauge panel, and for some reason the fuel and temp gauges doesn't work anymore... anybody has the wiring diagram of these components? please send me to my e-mail... thanks and greetings from costa rica;)
PD: I haven't the stock engine (G54B)... my MM has a HYUNDAI D4BX DIESEL engine14729147301473114732

BradMph
09-10-2015, 10:18 PM
What did you do??? :shrug:

Make sure your gauges are grounded and that you didn't disconnect the connector for those gauges. Sounds like you bumped something and pulled a wire out. These trucks can have wiring issues, but yours happened after you removed the cluster. I hope your also saying it doesn't work since you put it back in, because if it is out, there is an obvious reason for not working, lol.
Need to be careful when working on items like this because the parts and electrical on your truck is 27 years old. I have done things like that before, biggest problem is taken it all apart again to diagnose a possible disconnection.

mopar_ja
10-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Not an expert in electrical but since it is not the stock motor could be phased / frequency problem of electronics from new motor. This is where you / I typically throw some one under the proverbial bus I.E.. Pennyman not to mention any names of course to chime in (cough! cough!)

pennyman1
10-18-2015, 04:10 PM
In this case, I would look for the obvious first - loose plug on back of cluster, cracked traces or cold solder joints, or loose ground to dash. Then check the plug itself for any wires coming out of the plug. Thanks for the tutb - I needed more tire tracks across my back...

camoit
10-18-2015, 05:21 PM
On the back side of the cluster there is a small metal box. Check for power going in on one side. On the other side it will be a lower voltage and it's pulsed. That is what makes the power for the temp and fuel gauge. Or at least that was on the back of mine.

mopar_ja
10-18-2015, 08:25 PM
In this case, I would look for the obvious first - loose plug on back of cluster, cracked traces or cold solder joints, or loose ground to dash. Then check the plug itself for any wires coming out of the plug. Thanks for the tutb - I needed more tire tracks across my back...

Its all love brother, besides it is easier to watch / cover your back when it has identifying marks.

bryan8118
10-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Fixed guys, the resistance (7 Volts converter) are broken.

Diy fix with a new voltage converter.

Thanks guys.

pwebbs
11-02-2023, 03:38 PM
Anyone have info on getting one of these 7 Volt converters?
Thanks,
-Peter

Fixed guys, the resistance (7 Volts converter) are broken.

Diy fix with a new voltage converter.

Thanks guys.