PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust locale, side exit?

donvier
07-24-2015, 04:13 AM
At the risk of this being a dumb question... Anyone running exhaust out the side prior to the rear tires? Like behind the battery or something? In my mind this means gasses exit quicker thus helping temps... could be completely flawed logic there. Being in the middle of painting I have the bed off for the next little bit and have easy access. Thoughts?

DroppedMitsu
07-24-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm going to be running mine in front of the pass rear tire and out the side. Mainly because I don't have tons of room back there with my airbag/4link setup. Won't be getting to that for a few weeks from now though at least.

skullzaflare
07-24-2015, 08:54 AM
At the risk of this being a dumb question... Anyone running exhaust out the side prior to the rear tires? Like behind the battery or something? In my mind this means gasses exit quicker thus helping temps... could be completely flawed logic there. Being in the middle of painting I have the bed off for the next little bit and have easy access. Thoughts?
Might keep the exhaust pipe a little cooler, but your EGT's will remain the same as that's from the engine.
Bigger hot side on the turbo can help with temps as you can get the hot gases out faster. But cylinder temps are still based from the fuel and air

donvier
07-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Guess I figured if the head stayed in the pipe longer, ambient heat would work its way up the system. Any performance +/- for short exhaust with these? Good to know it's at least something that's being done as I didn't notice any threads or pics of people doing it with these. Aside from the guy on youtube that has it sticking out the side of the hood of course lol.